A LETTER TO MY 20 YEAR OLD SELF

A LETTER TO MY 20 YEAR OLD SELF

A Story by Okechukwu Prosper
"

"If you want to go fast, go alone; if you want to go far, go together"

"


Hello Dear,

Its been a long while in a long time since we last spoke, how has life been for you? I hope you are fine and doing well? I guess I have been too busy for you and its killing me, it's not been fair. Apparently these years without you where the loneliest ever, I missed you every single day and I still miss you. Truth be told I feel like a complete stranger writing you right now, am really sorry for all the things I said, walking out on you it was very cowardly of me to do so. I remember we both shared dreams, plans we wanted to be great but sadly I derailed, I lost track of the mark . I felt I could do it all on my own, I even started to feel you we're slowing me down. Please believe me something took over me I can swear to God I had no intentions of hurting you, yes I accept the fact I have been selfish, you know after we toiled and achieved I was always the one to get the praise and recognition never for once minding how you felt I let the praise get to my head, the successes were all your ideas and I was just the face. You deserve better and that I failed to realize till this day.

I hope it's not too late for us to start over, I plead that you find a place in your gentle self to forgive all despicable things I did and said to you. Trust me life has been hell without you I have been tossed around a lot, don't get me wrong am not saying this for you to feel sorry for me but for you to know that you mean the world to me, I have been perambulating in the vicious circle of life for a long time and I don't want that anymore. Now I believe we do make a better team together no doubts anymore.

For what it's worth I will like you to know that you are my star, devoting so much time to me seeing I don't stray into the mouth of preying lions, you we're the voice in my head that acted on reflex, you we're my advisor, my direct communication to God... long story short I want you back in my life, we can do greater things together, fulfill God's purpose and most of all share peace.

...It's my birthday today and from the depths of my heart all I ask and all I want is that you let me in so together we can change the world.

I love you more than ever!

Your very self,
Antonio D'la vega.

© 2016 Okechukwu Prosper


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

235 Views
Added on July 19, 2016
Last Updated on July 19, 2016