"Happily ever after"...

"Happily ever after"...

A Story by Sherri Thomas

People say, it gets better, people say it won't always be like this. They may be right but what if they're not, what if they're as clueless as the rest of us constantly trying to find something or someone to give they're life purpose or reason. Some want love then they'll be happy, some want money or fame we all search for something but will we ever just be content, is there ever going to be a time where we are utterly happy with our lives? Do we disguiseour misery to make other happy or envious? Or do we disguise it from ourselves in hopes of finding this so called happiness everyone yearns for. We constantly hear of people who say they love they're partner and wouldn't do anything to hurt them yet they cheat on them due to their own selfish desires but won't leave their partner because they don't want to see them move on with someone else. This is not love, this is selfishness, prettiness and desperation. But who am i to define what love is im just as confused. How do we know whether or not we really live someone what exactly are these so called "sparks" we are told about? Or is that just another fairytale gimmick. We are told about the glass slippers and the happily ever after but they never mentioned the heartache, struggles and arguments. The princess never has an addiction or health disorder, they always seem beautiful and perfect unlike the reality of messy hair and sweats. But when you find the person who sees you as beautiful even when you have Cheeto dust encrusted fingers and you haven't brushed your teeth in 3 days and they still think your red carpet ready, keep them, they're your happily ever after...

© 2017 Sherri Thomas


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

that's such a beautiful writing , you described what real love is

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

84 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 9, 2017
Last Updated on January 9, 2017

Author

Sherri Thomas
Sherri Thomas

Australia



About
14, just want to share my stories :) more..

Writing