Unfinished

Unfinished

A Story by Sherri Thomas

She sat pondering, oceans of dry, dead grass surrounded her. Staring blankly at her skin back notebook laying upon her cross legs. She realized wearing her faded floral sun dress was a mistake as miserable black storm clouds set in, she remained still in deep in thought, the rain didn’t bother her she thought it as relaxing, as letting go, as if the clouds had let out all of their frustration. She pushed back her ebony glasses that were slightly too large for her face, she felt envious of the clouds she wished she could let out frustrations like the clouds did but she just couldn’t, a part of her didn’t want to. Finally, the clouds let go, she lay stretching out her pale legs to feel the petals of water fall upon them placing her notebook under her to protect it from the petals. She was deserted, all was silent except for the soft patter of each droplet and her breathing each breath deeper than the last. The sweet smell of fresh rain and freshly cut grass was becoming weaker each time she breath through her nose.  Her eyes welled she was letting go, letting go of her frustration, of her emotions, her tears trailed down her face she could taste them as they fell up upon her bluish, dry lips.

© 2017 Sherri Thomas


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

53 Views
Added on February 24, 2017
Last Updated on February 24, 2017

Author

Sherri Thomas
Sherri Thomas

Australia



About
14, just want to share my stories :) more..

Writing