My Unforgattable Dream

My Unforgattable Dream

A Story by Pink Butterflies
"

It's an essay about my former friend.

"

I dreamed about him last night. In my dream, we were still students. We were sitting in a classroom, wearing our uniforms. He was wearing his famous nerdy eyeglasses while I was wearing my hair in a ponytail. Imagine we both looked too old to be students (I am 23 and he is 27. And we don’t look younger than our age)! You could just imagine how silly did we look in my dream! We were chatting, joking and laughing as if there was no tomorrow! We were like buddies. As I was dreaming, I felt like I was watching a feel-good movie. I felt my lips smiling. I was so happy because it was only in this dream that I could hang out with him again. I didn’t want this dream to end. I just wanted it to go on and on. I didn’t want to wake up because at that moment, while I was sleeping, it was the only thing that made me happy. So no matter how silly the dream was, my mind was grabbing on to it tightly like a person drowning in a sea would grab on to his lifesaver.


But then the cruel sun shone on my face and I woke up. I drowned while I was swimming in a cold sea that is Reality. I woke up to the real world once again. I did mundane things like brushing my teeth, taking a bath and putting on my corporate attire. I’m an office girl again and he’s a b-boy (a male breakdancer) in a popular TV show. I have my own world, he also has his own. We are strangers again. Something I didn’t want us to be. Something we chose to be because we both did a lot of wrong things to each other. He only treated me like a friend when I had money to lend him. I cursed at him in a text message and told him he was a user friendly and that he’smukhang pera(greedy for money). I stopped lending him money because he never paid me back and I don’t have money to lend him anymore. He got angry with me and said that I was not a true friend. I asked him, "Do I always have to lend money to be considered as a true friend”? We argued many times because of money. So I decided to untie my bond of friendship with him. I decided to "unfriend” him in real life just like I unfriended the people I didn’t know personally on Facebook. It’s hard to accept the truth that we could never be friends because of our bad attitudes to each other but I have to accept it. He never really treated me as a true friend anyway. I was just his avid fan. His silly avid fan. Somebody he could use when he wanted to. When I didn’t let him use me anymore, he stopped talking to me.


Anyway, that’s life. People who matter to you can be mean to you sometimes. I should just get used to this bitter truth and continue to be good to everyone. However, if I found out that he changed his ways and if he asked me to welcome him in my life and be my friend again, I’d still welcome him with open arms and be a friend to him. I’ll forget everything he has done to me in the past and forgive him.


It’s amazing that in dreams everything we wish for happens. Most people wish for a lot of big things. Some even wish for impossible things. I only wish for something simple: To be his friend that he will treasure forever. It’s not too much to ask, is it?

© 2012 Pink Butterflies


Author's Note

Pink Butterflies
I'm not confident with my writing these days. So if you find a grammatical error or if there's something to improve in this essay, please do tell me. Thanks and God bless.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Beautiful author websites
Stop wasting time and money on Wix & Wordpress. Authors are creating beautiful websites with Myauthor.space FREE!

Stats

95 Views
Added on February 13, 2012
Last Updated on February 13, 2012
Tags: b-boy, ex-friend

Author

Pink Butterflies
Pink Butterflies

Las Pinas, Pamplona, Philippines



About
I am a feminist, a rocker at heart, a bookworm, a writer and a gamer. more..

Writing