Their beauty

Their beauty

A Story by jun
"

I wrote this for fun, so it might not be the best.

"
They were beautiful and no one denied it. Their beauty could entrance you to do what you normally wouldn’t; what you would’ve never imagined. There were little who weren’t attracted to them. Their charm, after all, was hypnotic, and they knew it. They knew it and they used it to their advantage; they’d made you feel loved when in reality, you were just a puppet, one that was not even a single bit significant to them, for you were just like the others.
If you caught even a glimpse of them, you’d dread to see more of them, yet those who did not fall into their deep eyes and looked through their soft smile, realised who they were. They noticed the tricks in their beautiful faces and elegant movements.
But those who had the privilege of knowing them were never fooled, yet still trapped in the vast voids of their beauty. Trapped in their faces; ever so divine and delicate, and most of all: their souls. Their true self, rid of all masks and tricks, was beauteous, so much so that you’d feel allured towards them. Unlike before, however, the entrancement was no harm as this was the version of them which was at peace and wished nothing more but to stay that way. Wished nothing but to live calmly, as of the past had nor rid them of the good within.
Nevertheless, the events prior to the current cannot be changed but their was no doubt they the genuine was never truly lost. The little amount of heavenly beauty proved so. The kind of beauty that makes you feel like you’ve fallen into a cave�"lit by long strings of lights�"in which you are stuck, and when an exit comes into view, you do not want to leave.

© 2023 jun


Author's Note

jun
The “—“ in the second last line keeps turning into a question mark and quotation mark?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Isn’t life living a myth ? We all work hard to achieve our goals and become someone we never were . At some point everyone is allured but the cheese- bait give by life . As in end we’re justified part of this land (Earth) . Beautifully written jun, I really enjoyed reading it.

Posted 1 Year Ago


I enjoyed the poetry. Would nice to get lost in something beautiful. You create good characters and a beautiful place. Thank you Jun for sharing the amazing poetry.
Coyote

Posted 1 Year Ago


This was beautiful. Thanks for sharing

Posted 1 Year Ago


Wonderfully composed! Loved the selection of words

Posted 1 Year Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

82 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 3, 2023
Last Updated on March 3, 2023
Tags: #mystery, #beauty, #fiction, #literature, #novel, #book, #chapter, #story

Author

jun
jun

About
I'm not really a poet--but I'll sometimes post poetry as well. My writing is related to book(s) I'm making so the story might not make sense, or seem incomplete. more..

Writing
The Past The Past

A Poem by jun



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Lampooned Lampooned

A Poem by DIVYA