read me read me!!!!!!!!!!!

read me read me!!!!!!!!!!!

A Story by E
"

DON'T PANIC. seriously, please, everyone read this.

"

 

 

My Dear Fellow Cafe Writers -

 

After reading the email sent out by Charlie, and the follow up after that...

After reading the numerous posts that have appeard on the newly wiped Writer's Cafe...

I must admit... I'm a little dissapointed.

 

But... only minorly in Charlie.

 

I started reading all the new posts here a few days ago, and was a little shocked by how much everyone reacted as if the end of the world had come. Hasn't everyone here read Douglas Adams' Hitchihker's Guide? Don't you know by now not to panic? Moslty, since you're posting on an internet site, I'd imagine that you'd all be at least minorly internet savy, and know that nothing is ever permanently deleted.

 

I know. OMG. Shocking, isn't it? Nothing is ever deleted, not even after you've emptied you recycle bin of pornos, not after you'd wiped that SD card with naughtie photos... those things are all still there.

 

So in the midsts of everyone freaking out, becoming sad, and standing at the verge of giving up their writing, I say this to you: Do. Not. Panic.

 

Now don't think I didn't have my share of freaking out. I screamed. I nearly cried. I called my friend in Dallas at 2 am to vent to him about Charlie. My loss? A publishing company asked me to send them a bundle of 30 poems for them to read and edit for a book. A BOOK. Isn't that what we all want here? So Imagine me preparing to browse what my beloved friends on Writer's Cafe had deamed worthy in order to make my selections... and poof. All gone. Lucky fo me, I had about 30 of my poems on my HD - but that's a mere fraction compared to what I had here.

 

So what is the point of all this? Why am I posting this horrendously long thing of "hope"? Because that's what it is - hope.

 

And what gives me the authority to give hope?

 

I live with the person who is, as we speak, recovering thousands of the stories, poems, and essays that were "deleted".

 

Remember when I said nothing was deleted forever? Yeah. We're undeleting it.

 

So! Fear not, my friends. I probably shouldn't be blathering this around in the Cafe, but I can tell you now that we have already recovered 9,000+ titles from the database.

 

So - stop hating Charlie. Stop wanting to give up on your writing. Very few things in life are permanent my friends - things deleted from a computer are definately not one of them.

 

Love always,

E

aka

Pip

© 2008 E


Author's Note

E
please do not message me asking i've recovered some of your stuff. please do not ask me why charlie hass not announced this to all of you. please do not swear to break down my apartment door if i don't recover your poems. we are only tech heads. there is only so much we can do.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

do you intend posting further information on the status of what you are doing? the google cache search was limited for me.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Thanks. I've nearly recovered everything myself, but not everything, and so I sit and hope. I did panic. I cried. I was mad at Charlie. But after I realized that it wasn't the end of the world, and that the world is only mostly harmless, I took a deep breath and re-grouped. I sent Charlie an e-mail saying that I accepted his apology. If you don't recover what I have lost, I won't hate you. I won't come and break down your apartment door. I'll congradulate you in helping hundreds (if not thousands) of people recover what they thought they lost forever. Maybe I'll even send you a check...but probably not. Thanks again to you and all those involved.

Posted 16 Years Ago


You are a real life Super Hero. You and your man are a pair of 'em. I've managed, through very hard work, hard and frustrating work, to recover almost thiry pieces of my "deleted" work. I didn't even occur to me to at least give this a try until today, when a large chunk of the rage in my heart sunk a little. That took the distraction of disgust and sorrow away. I've actually been feeling a lot better today. Long way to go, but hell, a little is something, aint it? I had today off. Today and tomorrow. I'll be working both days, all day, to keep rummaging through the haystack that the 'Net is. I should probably at least try to take back just a bit of what I said to Chuck. It was pretty harsh. LOL. Between all of us trying, bit by bit, I think that we can do this, and learn from the collective mistake we all made to begin with, including Chuck, who I never had any problem whatsoever with...until now. Or more accurately, until the other day.

You, again, are The Stone Cold S**t.

I hope you know this.

Hawksmoor...From The Bleed.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Ugh. you had to go blathering and ruining my surprise.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Seriously? Yay! Tell Broadie please!
Damn Pip, thanks!

Posted 16 Years Ago


Okay, I won't ask you anything, but by the way, I don't panic about anything. I've survived worse deletions than this, and yes I agree, it isn't the end of the world or even our community. It's jut one of those ironic things, and maybe some day we'll see why we needed to delete and begin again this time!

Posted 16 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
RHP
I think I would have leaned more towards keeping this silent until finished. Anyhow.. I have backed up everything I have ever put on a PC somewhere. And I don't compose on web blogs because the rules on copyright are not all that firm yet. Paper, hard drive best bet and email to friends. I am new to writerscafe but I've been on urbis for some time.. I don't see this site as being a very active site. Things go very slowly and tend to be on the atta boy system of things..

Posted 16 Years Ago


Thanks.

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

213 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 6, 2008

Author

E
E

Durham, NC



About
more..

Writing
the sparrow the sparrow

A Poem by E


forgetting forgetting

A Poem by E


as i was born as i was born

A Poem by E