I am Legend

I am Legend

A Poem by Poetic Justice
"

tongue in cheek time

"

I saw the King, he asked me where the exit was, I showed him

And he left the building…

 

I told William Shakespeare that I couldn’t hear the play, he said he would lend me his ears, we laughed…

 

I met the Queen, I told her a joke that I had heard at the comedy store the night before.  She wasn’t amused…

 

I ran Archimedes a bath, he couldn’t find the soap, I rolled up my sleeves and found it! ‘Eureka’ he shouted…

 

I asked Prince for a ride in his little red corvette, his was only going to Alphabet Street, so I walked…

 

I popped into Marilyn Monroe’s house, I asked her if she was naked, she said ‘no’. She had the radio on…

 

I sat next to John Lennon at a bus stop; he told me he was more famous than Jesus.  ‘Who’s Jesus?’ I asked…

 

I hope one day I will be remembered for something memorable…in the meantime…I will write…

 

 

 

© 2012 Poetic Justice


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I respect the originality of this, it's a fair and funny tribute to these figures. I sometimes like to make odes to certain poets, but this has a whole bunch of characters all at the same time!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 6, 2012
Last Updated on June 6, 2012

Author

Poetic Justice
Poetic Justice

About
I haven't been around much lately. Seems life has been getting in the way. yada yada baa baa.. No one ever reads this bit..I could put something witty or trite, even a quote from someone dead .. more..

Writing
Shine Shine

A Poem by Poetic Justice