I Thought

I Thought

A Story by plain jane
"

to an ex-person in my life

"

I feel so empty inside that it’s physically sickening. I keep having dreams/nightmares about you, and some feel so real that I wake up crying when I realize it wasn’t, out of relief or grief, depending on the dream. During my endless waking hours, I have no one to talk to, no one to be real with. Only those I can pretend with for a while, like *****, ******, ******, ******, *********, hell I even appeased **** when he asked for nudes. But none of it, absolutely none of it, makes me feel a damn thing. I know it’s not your fault, I know that you never intended it, but you ruined me for good. You’d tell me that I can’t blame you, and I know logically you’re right; I made all the mistakes. Everything could’ve been okay if I'd kept quiet. But I'm sorry that I was traumatized at 14 and again at 15, and I'm so sorry that my soul is crippled for life. I’m sorry you gave me a crutch that I thought could support me and I'm sorry I fell so hard when you swiped it out from under me. I’m sorry for being crazy, so insane as to ask you to give me a chance to prove myself emotionally competent to a person who struggles to feel anything at all. I thought we could help each other, that’s all. I thought. Silly me.

© 2017 plain jane


Author's Note

plain jane
this is awfully short of my full thoughts, but i don't know where to even begin extending. suggestions?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

88 Views
Added on October 22, 2017
Last Updated on October 22, 2017
Tags: ptsd, mental, thought, toxicity, relationship, heartbreak, thinking




Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)
Compartment 114
Compartment 114