Off Topic

Off Topic

A Stage Play by plain jane
"

A high school student nonchalantly goes on a rant about his missed shot at an easy death.

"
Nevermind… actually, just f*****g kill me already, would you? Do you have any idea how bad it sucks to hear the carbon monoxide alarm go off at 5am and instantly start shedding tears because you realize some damn technology has robbed you of a beautifully painless way out? The sweet escape that you constantly daydream of, no longer tangible because some people in a lab decided this device must be distributed for the greater good. First of all, f**k the greater good and let me die how I should’ve b*****s! 
The moment I heard the first beeps my eyes flew open for a fraction of a second and the instant after that I found myself wishing I could glue them shut along with my ears and pretend I didn’t know what was happening. When I finally caught up with reality, I couldn’t hold in the groans of grief surfacing in my throat. I COULD HAVE BEEN SAVED. The end could’ve justified the means. But no, I was robbed of even more hours of sleep, and my death wish grew evermore stronger. Anyway... what were we talking about? Oh yeah, the socratic seminar is the same day as the test. 

© 2017 plain jane


My Review

Would you like to review this Stage Play?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was so good I loved it. Definitely using it to practice characterization

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

88 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 22, 2017
Last Updated on October 22, 2017