Midnight cry

Midnight cry

A Poem by new worlds last thought
"

one night i started crying in my sleep for some weird reason. and the next day i had a poem pop into my head. its my life story, my wonders, my thoughts of what my dreams mean.

"

I cry for the dreams that my soul strives to find.
The empty blackness of the world around my mind.
The thoughts of death that creeps close to the ground.
The meaning of life, of the bright light that must be found.

© 2009 new worlds last thought


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is good as ever just like all of your writes.. keep writing... each work you weave allows you to get a step closer to finding you.. ^_^

Posted 14 Years Ago


Very short and simple but i like it, Hope you find the bright light :P

Posted 14 Years Ago


I like this poem, to put it bluntly. There's meaning, that's well showed, even though the poem is short. I can relate to 'crying for dreams' and how the world seems so black at times. I think what I like mainly about your poem is that it is not too 'out there' but expresses the feelings perfectly, and simply. Even though these feelings can be so much more complicated than four lines, you've put them in an understandable perspective.



Posted 14 Years Ago


This is brilliant. Simple, and to the point. Good flow, because the rhyming doesn't come across as forced.
They're strange, dreams are. I remember all of mine.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

229 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 11, 2009

Author

new worlds last thought
new worlds last thought

Canada



About
i am just trying to find my way in this world. I feel like i'm just living life in fear. i have been able to over come small mounds of fear. even though this sounds like the basic teen story. i .. more..

Writing