Letter to my ex

Letter to my ex

A Story by Tyler James Mathieson
"

No real category to put this under

"

Dear Yesterday,

 

            You chose the wrong guy. That is the simplest way that I can say this. You chose the wrong guy. I poured myself into our relationship for the two and a half years that we were together. I know that I did not do everything right and I will never claim that. I did however love you every step of the way. That is why I still cannot understand why things went the way they did. I don’t understand what you see in him. I don’t understand why it is a good thing that he has slept with 6 girls in the last 2 years and cheated on every girl he ever dated. I will never understand why he was the better choice. Maybe, maybe it was just too complicated with me. Maybe it was my father’s cancer diagnosis. Maybe it was my mother’s diagnosis of Parkinson’s disease. Maybe those were just too depressing for you. Maybe it was my grandmother’s stroke. Maybe that was the final straw. Maybe you just couldn’t take it that I was sad.

             

            I wish I could forget what you did. I wish I could just act like it never happened, but it did…and I can’t. I can’t take you back. I can’t trust you again. I can’t put my faith in an unfaithful person. I don’t want you back. I am not writing this to get you back. I wouldn’t take you back if I was asked to. You have made a terrible mistake and there really is no way fix. The only way forward is to move on and realize that there is no way you will ever be as happy with him as you would have been with me.

 

            I tried. I tried to be all that you wanted. I tried to be the best I could be. I was going through a rough time in my life and I failed a lot. I was sometimes overly self-focused and didn’t do all that I could have to make this work. No, I admit, I was not the perfect man. But, I was the right one.

Truly,

Your missed opportunity

© 2012 Tyler James Mathieson


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I liked this. A lot of raw emotion, didn't try to be fancy, just honest. I've known a girl or two like this myself. Keep you're head up, someone worth your while will come to you.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 5, 2012
Last Updated on September 5, 2012
Tags: Ex