I Don't Think of You Anymore

I Don't Think of You Anymore

A Poem by PoemsbyPatrick

I don't think of you anymore.
Not your smile, or even your face.
I don't look at you anymore.
Other thoughts have taken your place.

What was once close, is now far away.
No feeling left, where once there was love.
I don't think of you anymore.
There is nothing more for me to say.

© 2012 PoemsbyPatrick


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I don't think of you anymore. ( but i do, i do, all the time. i just don't WANT to think of you anymore!) and that is all i have to say, except,,,good job patrick.

Posted 11 Years Ago


What I always find ironic about poems like this, is you're (general public) writing a poem about how you don't think of her anymore... but technically you wouldn't be writing a poem at all if it were true you didn't think of her.
Mind boggling, isn't it?
Not to mention, after only two stanzas you said yourself that was all you had to say.
Of course I love it, Patrick.
Koodoos

Posted 11 Years Ago


i can understand that feeling, i've been through it, but it wasn't like your situation or anything. This one is short, but says what it needs to say welll. So I'll say that this poem conveys your message well, and is quite interesting. When I read it, I was ike 'What must've happened?' lol.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I love this! So few words, but they're so intense and powerful that you don't even realize how short this is.

"Other thoughts have taken your place."

I found that line quite ironic, because you were obviously thinking about that person web you wrote this :P hahahaha, but that's okay, you still did a beautiful job.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wow. So few words, that say say much.

Posted 11 Years Ago


ironic, isn't it, how we tend to write of the ones who we would prefer to believe are not even more than a memory...yet we still give them our words and our broken hearts to examine. been there so many times. i love this poem

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Mia
The irony is that the fact you sat (stood-however you do it) and wrote this poem means you still think of said 'you'. That's kind of what I loved about this poem!

Posted 11 Years Ago


You did quite a good job of wrapping this up in a tidy package. I appreciate writers who really economize their words. No reason to go on and on ... I imagine this was written with half a smirk. I was left feeling rather smug on your behalf after reading this piece. I know the feeling (or lack thereof) when it is just simply done. And you did a marvelous job of it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the website administrators.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

185 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 30, 2012
Last Updated on October 30, 2012
Tags: Poetry, loss

Author

PoemsbyPatrick
PoemsbyPatrick

PA



About
These writings express my feelings. If you love them, I feel blessed. If they bother you, I am sorry. They are my feelings and I offer them to you as they are. While all of my writing is a glimpse .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..