Reflection and Movement

Reflection and Movement

A Story by Poetic Beauty
"

a short descriptive scene for I challenge group.

"

The midnight sky was glittered with illuminated sparkling orbs as I sat on the front cement stairs.  The warm summer breeze had a hint of rose on it.  I sat there dreaming of a different time and a different place.  The full moon released its bluish glow on the earth below giving the night a magical feel.  My mind drifted in different directions as the sound of crickets chirped their song.


I began to wonder if love was in the cards for me.  Would I ever find that person who made me feel that soul bending feeling?  The one that makes the world melt away and with that person, the impossible became the conquered.  Different men had come in and out of my life, but would one ever stay?  I was finally in a place in my life where I could be open to a new relationship.  It had been a long time since I could say that I was accepting of the possibility, but now I knew that I was ready. 


The darkness encompassed me with mystery leaving my mind in a questioning mode.  Sometimes when I looked at the stars, I wondered if he was looking at them too.  I didn’t love him anymore, but I still wondered if he ever thought about me and the moments we spent together.  In the dead of the night on warm evenings I thought about the times, we spent gazing up at the night sky.  Those special moments in time which stay with us till the end of our days.  While I sat there I smiled knowing our time together was special, but that the moment was gone and I was now ready to move on.

© 2011 Poetic Beauty


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

this reflection is moving; subtle tension building with emotional release leading to clarity, acceptance and forgiveness. a reflection that moves one forward mending a heart that beats to love again. beautiful.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I see you chose first person for this challenge and I have to say you did excellent with the descriptions in this scene. You made me feel like I was outside on the steps under the moon contemplating love, future love and past love. It was an intimate write because I feel the reader will connect with this character and they will feel calm and safe just as the character did while thinking under the stars.

Many times I believe that writers will start a story that has descriptions like this then later they forget to describe things as the action takes over or dialogue happens and the reader doesn't get to experience the whole experience. Perfect on this as I knew you would ace it :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

220 Views
3 Reviews
Added on April 23, 2011
Last Updated on April 23, 2011

Author

Poetic Beauty
Poetic Beauty

corn country, IL



About
First off I'm on here to post my writing to have an outlet for my emotions. You will find a variety of poems. If you like take a moment and stroll through this poets mind. Secondly be kind to each .. more..

Writing