Forgotten Gem

Forgotten Gem

A Poem by Marvin Lewis Jr.
"

This was written by a friend of mine, she's just gotten her work copy-written and she's ready to test the Writer's cafe waters! lol

"

 "Forgotten Gem" 

By "Anonymous" 

Sometimes a clouded mind is more beautiful than a clear day more pleasant than a classical masterpiece is the dreamer's  relentless beating heart,


The canvas called life is full of many colors that absorbs priceless art.

 

But we depict our feelings not with brushes but prayers that angels place underneath the nostrils of God.


The aroma of our pain ascends to a location where God is now touched with our feelings and delivers our healing.


Moments after the unshackling this cryptic appearance takes off into oblivion like smoke in a chimney.


No longer can our pain be found restoring a freedom that won't allow us to ever be bound and once again sleep is ever so sound.


As we return to the space we inhabited when the earth was dark and quiet than one phrase from God enabled it to carry melody and become enlightened.

Its because of His precious gift we have hope in dying,


So with our natural mind we need to stop trying to keep from crying, cause it keeps the mind feeling like it is frying, when we say we don't feel pain we are only lying ever tying  us to a life full of sighing.


God never wanted for our lives to cease He is just trying to give us the ultimate release.


So under all that has sought to bind and blind He wants you to find His one of a kind mind.

 

© 2008 Marvin Lewis Jr.


Author's Note

Marvin Lewis Jr.
This is her first time letting others read her work...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

"The aroma of our pain ascends to a location where God is now touched with our feelings and delivers our healing."

Your friend has a great grasp on the use of pointed metaphors to set the scene........A great first write indeed.......Encourage her to let the feelings that flow deeply within rage through her finger tips........as fast as she can type or write.......irregardless of perceived reaction or judgement from others........Lay it down precisely as she feels it and tweak it from there........The hardest part is releasing it and placing it on the alter of human critique...........Only then can God connect the words with the eyes out there in the world that are meant to feel them.......Critics can be helpful or they can be ignored........:-) Thanks for sharing my Brother........





Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

an insightful pen,this is incredible. keep writing her descriptions are very vivid, mary

Posted 13 Years Ago


Just many beautiful decriptive lines. Keep encouraging her to write. Rain..

Posted 15 Years Ago


I know this piece has been out for a few months but I hope she understand that she belongs on this site as well as others inspiring, entertaining and motivating others. She has a gift and I can tell that she has read a lot of great poetry before.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

OFF THE CHAIN!

Sorry I got your request so late, school's been keeping me very busy.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very deep and well written! I enjoyed reading this one! Hope to read more soon!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Marvin, thanks for sharing this, speaks on many levels, your friend produced a quality insight, based on
spiritual value and believe, the core of fath in action, there are many pinnicle lines expressed to height,

that in turn draw the reader to a state of contemplation, dwelling upon eternity, God, Heaven,
and all thing inbetween, the substance that defines this writing is composed of many different aspect

at the same time interwoven as one core idea, and everything that causes the heart to think.
the metaphorical analogies are rendered with great perspective.
Take Care, Mike

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

People who aren't from any religious background will be able to feel this. The unique structure a strong point. The power of the sentiments are amazing. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Yeah! This is a great piece of writing, The imagery is just beautiful!
Though I'm not happy with the end..I mean it is a kind of abrupt end and I was expecting better than that!
But overall , it is a great piece of writing! Way to go!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

tell your friend she needs to let people see it more often cause she can really right...i mean she really put in perspective what God wants for us even when we can't see it cause of our pain...tell her to join this site

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

"The aroma of our pain ascends to a location where God is now touched with our feelings and delivers our healing."

Your friend has a great grasp on the use of pointed metaphors to set the scene........A great first write indeed.......Encourage her to let the feelings that flow deeply within rage through her finger tips........as fast as she can type or write.......irregardless of perceived reaction or judgement from others........Lay it down precisely as she feels it and tweak it from there........The hardest part is releasing it and placing it on the alter of human critique...........Only then can God connect the words with the eyes out there in the world that are meant to feel them.......Critics can be helpful or they can be ignored........:-) Thanks for sharing my Brother........





Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

308 Views
11 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 17, 2008
Last Updated on August 17, 2008

Author

Marvin Lewis Jr.
Marvin Lewis Jr.

Trenton, NJ



About
I'm 19 y.o. and I write lyrics, prose, poetry, and treatments. I'm currently self-publishing my first book entitled "The Language Of My Imagination" which consist of poetry and prose that touch on suc.. more..

Writing