Poison

Poison

A Poem by Living with Faith

I have been tested by this cruel thing called love

the injection of hurt has been put into my body hitting my heart

like a black poison that has killed me 

not physically but emotionally

I am dead as the world knows me

all I do is think of what I can do to hurt you just as you have hurt me 

 love isn't me, not anymore

I am not at peace in my heart

I have gone from the highest mountain tops

to the lowest depths of hell with all you have done to me

I cant breath or see clearly 

my confusion has suffocated me

and you have poisoned me

with your lies and promises to make me laugh and love me 

but all you have done is hurt me. 

© 2009 Living with Faith


Author's Note

Living with Faith
ignore body style

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A good poem. Impressive write. Love truly does suck, especially because there's more heart aches and pain than warmth and affection in it. Sad, really.

The rhyme scheme of this poem is smooth but I do have to suggest that you change the lines that both have the words "anymore" because they're too close together and somehow, repeating words and putting them too close to each other can ruin the flow of your rhyme scheme.

Please don't take it personally, though. Just giving my opinion. Anyways, this poem is well done nonetheless. Hope to read more of your poems.

- Hannah

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

A very wise writing on how the emotion of love can turn the tides of sweetness into the wrath. You so well tell how a person feels upon finding that the love they so freely gave is now being rejected. It plays on every emotion that you can experience. You become mired in the deepest depths of human despair and descend to the deepest valley of dark human emotion. You hold the readers attention from beginnning to end. Your poems speaks well of you as a writer.

Posted 14 Years Ago


A good poem. Impressive write. Love truly does suck, especially because there's more heart aches and pain than warmth and affection in it. Sad, really.

The rhyme scheme of this poem is smooth but I do have to suggest that you change the lines that both have the words "anymore" because they're too close together and somehow, repeating words and putting them too close to each other can ruin the flow of your rhyme scheme.

Please don't take it personally, though. Just giving my opinion. Anyways, this poem is well done nonetheless. Hope to read more of your poems.

- Hannah

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Love sucks. Its the stab in the heart that just keeps twisting. This was good poem. It flowed nicely and the words you used made up for it not rhyming. I belive any one can rhyme. But it takes a writer to put such simple words together to write such a beautiful piece of poetry. Great write :)

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Beautiful author websites
Stop wasting time and money on Wix & Wordpress. Authors are creating beautiful websites with Myauthor.space FREE!
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

162 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 21, 2009
Last Updated on August 22, 2009

Author

Living with Faith
Living with Faith

Some Where Over the Rainbow



Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..