The little secret

The little secret

A Story by Emily Dickinson Jr.
"

Not true story, it is fiction, completely made up.

"
When I was fourteen, on the very day of my birth, I gave birth.  It wasn't fun and it wasn't glamorous; I tried out for 16 and pregnant but they said I was too young.  I named my baby Jenniper. 
 She was a tiny baby from a tiny girl; me.  I never used to feel tiny but giving birth made it glaringly obvious and I became hyper-aware of the fact.  It started with a game of seven minutes in heaven that turned turned a bit literal for me.  It's not that the experience was heaven but that I blacked out.  I wonder if that's what dying is.  It was a lot less stressful than when I woke up. 
 I was the last girl so everyone else at the party forgot me.  The guy I was with was sixteen!  He was so mature and he had real muscles and that excited me.  I thought he'd sweep me up in a  bombshell of a kiss like with Sleeping Beauty or Cinderella. 
 I don't remember a kiss or anything else for that matter, only waking up sore and slightly bloody.  Now as I read Cinderella to my baby at age fourteen I give up on that kiss for myself.  I pray that my baby will get it someday though. 
 Right now I don't know what will happen to us.  I don't yet know if we will have my mother's support.  When I told her she just looked at me blank-faced and whispered "My baby is having a baby." and fell down hard.  She hasn't woken since then.
 
 I think the uncertainty is the worst part.  Since I've woken up that uncertainty has been my life.  Now its up to momma to give me some more or maybe take some away.

© 2013 Emily Dickinson Jr.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

although my daughter got pregnet at age 23... but it was not planned and it was with someone I wished she hadn't gotten pregnet with...BUT, my daughter found out she was pregnet when I was in the emergency room with her. I really wanted to chew her out because she had told me she was using protection... BUT, I used that motherly instinct and simply told her, much to her relief, that I would support her in any decision she made, whether that meant she wanted to keep the baby, adopt the baby to a family or even dispose of her situation. i am glad she made the decision she did.. she decided to keep the baby... which is due next week, Inspite of her now ex wanting her to abort... just to save himself from his own agony. I think the bond of a mother and a child is something every mother should cherrish, even at age 16. :) You're a great 16 year old mom if you choose to grow up fast and take care of your precious!

Posted 10 Years Ago


It's so stupid and unnecessary for a teen age girl to get pregnant.

Posted 10 Years Ago


0 of 2 people found this review constructive.

My sister got pregnant at 16.My family was so hurt. Neighbors and some of her friends saw her as a failure. We also saw her as a failure.It is a painful thing to see your daughter or sister pregnant at a young age.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

308 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 29, 2013
Last Updated on October 29, 2013

Author

Emily Dickinson Jr.
Emily Dickinson Jr.

FL



About
Im just a highschool girl. Writing is my hobby and I think Im fairly good at it but I leave you to be the judge of that. :-) my best short stories are: http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/poisinros.. more..

Writing