Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by Zoe Brewer

Chapter 3

Both Warriors tossed their Pokéballs into the battlefield at the same time. A massive Seviper slithered out from the right and a determined looking Cinccino bounced out from the left.
“You can do it, Tri!” Suzume shouted out.
Tri smiled and made the first move;
“Milo! Use Sing!”
The Cinccino raced up in front of the Seviper, but the Seviper slid out of the way before Cinccino could attack.
“It’s too fast!” Haru exclaimed
The other man snickered;
“Venom! Use Poison Tail!”
The Seviper hissed cunningly and slashed his tail at Milo, but he missed by millimetres!
“That was just dumb luck,” growled the girl.
“Milo! Use Tail Slap!”
Milo spun around and faced Venom, then she whacked him in the neck with her tail over and over!
“Venom! Use Bite!”
Venom launched his open jaws upon Milo’s tail and bit down hard.
“Milo! Sing while he’s near you!”
Milo sung a melody and Venom started to relax! Soon he was asleep in a heap on the floor!
“Get up Venom! C’mon!” cried his Trainer, but Venom was sound asleep.
“Go, Milo! Give it your all!” Tri shouted.
Milo pounced onto Venom and began to use Tail Slap again.
“Get up Venom! Please!”
But Milo had knocked Venom out with her tail, he could no longer fight. Tri had won!
“Congratulations Tri! You are the winner!” Kōri boomed, holding Tri’s arm up in the air. My companions and I stood up and cheered for Tri. “That was impressive!” Haru exclaimed. Tri returned to his seat, beaming.
“Well I hope that battle taught you a few things,” Kōri shouted. “Now you all get the privilege of exploring the Camp and the edge of the forest, do not venture out too far, you are still Apprentices and you have no Pokémon yet.”

Isamu opened the door to our Hut and we all followed him inside. I slumped onto my bed and looked around at my teammates.
“What should we do?” Nomaru said. Riku and Haru shrugged, Isamu still wouldn’t talk to us and Suzume looked at the ceiling. I decided to speak; “Well, maybe we could go explore?”
“Nah, we’re too tired,” Riku groaned. Slightly disappointed, I continued; “How about we do more getting to know each other and stuff? We don’t know much about each other and all the other Teams seem to.”
“Okay, I can work with that,” Haru said. “Who wants to start?” Nomaru spoke first; “I was raised with a girl named Tsubaki, who is very sweet and I can’t wait to talk to her again!”
“I was raised with Isamu…” Haru hesitated and looked at Isamu.
There was a pause as Isamu turned and faced all five of us. He opened his mouth to speak but then he closed his eyes and spun back around. “Well, anyway,” Riku muttered. “I was raised with a guy named Osamu, he was really smart and taught me a lot, he’s probably taught his Team a lot too.”
I cleared my throat and said; “I was raised with Suzume, she’s really enthusiastic as I am sure you have all noticed.”
Riku chuckled at my remark, I grinned back at him.
“Is Tri coming? I need to ask him one more thing,” Nomaru asked, hopefully.
“I don’t think so, it is our last day though, he should at least say goodbye!” Suzume replied. I nodded in agreement.
“Well what do we do then?” Haru muttered. We pondered his question for a bit.
“Maybe he doesn’t want to say goodbye, maybe it’s not permitted,” Riku suggested.
“I think we should leave it be,” I said. I could hear the other Teams walking outside, laughing and talking to each other.
“Maybe we should get some sleep, we need to be active and ready tomorrow,” Suzume mumbled, yawning.
“Agreed,” Haru replied.

That night I dreamed I was in a battle with my companions, it was brutal and horrifying. Bodies lay unconscious beside me and I saw a huge creature far away with my teammates in its grasp. I rose up from the mass of bodies and began to run towards them, to help them. But my legs were stiff and wouldn’t run as fast as I would like them to, I was trudging slowly, pathetically, towards them. They were screaming at me to run faster, yelling at me to help, but no matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t gain any speed. I watched in agony as the creature began to kill them, one by one…

I sat bolt upright in bed with sweat dripping down my face, grasping my water bottle with my shaky hand, I pushed my blankets away. The others were asleep in their beds, safe and sound. I glanced at Isamu, he was shaking in his sleep. I saw a bundle of blankets at the end of his bed. Maybe he’s cold, I thought, should I cover him up? I placed one foot on the floor and tiptoed slowly towards his bed. I hesitated in front of his bed and looked around, nobody had noticed me. I slowly bent down and grabbed the blankets off the floor. I rose from the floor and carefully spread the blankets across Isamu. My heart leaped as his eyes opened. He seized me by the wrist and glared at me with cold eyes. “I’m sorry! I’m so sorry! Y-you looked cold so I�"” I stuttered. Isamu’s grip loosened and he threw his blankets away. Looking back at me with the same icy expression. “Don’t come anywhere near me when I sleep, got it?” he hissed.
I jumped at the sound of his voice and he let go of my wrist. Isamu curled back up and closed his eyes. I ran silently back to my bed and lay down facing the wall. He actually spoke!

The next morning I woke to the sound of Suzume squealing in happiness and shaking me. “Karasu! We’re getting our Pokémon today! Today!” she cried happily. My eyes widened as I realised that she was right! I beamed and got up as fast as I could. We both ran to the toilets and got changed into our Apprentice uniforms for the last time! When we got back, the others were awake and dressed too.
“I hope they provide us with good Pokémon!” Riku exclaimed.
“Yep,” Haru said. “And I hope we’re the first to become Scouts, since we’re the first Team.” I nodded towards Haru and flushed red as I caught Isamu out of the corner of my eye, glaring at me. We all headed out and wandered towards the Training Court where a couple of other Teams had lined up.
“We’re here earlier than usual!” Nomaru said. We took our places and waited for the other Teams. Kōri could be seen talking to a Warrior near the entrance of the Court. When all the Teams were present, he stepped up in front of us all and shouted aloud for all to hear.
“Congratulations, boys and girls for your achievement! As you pass through this gate you will receive your Scout uniforms, all specially labelled and fitted for each of you.” Kori waved his hand toward the gate and it opened slowly with a creak. Riku smiled at me and walked on ahead. Immediately I saw Tri holding up a sign saying ‘Team Diamond Here’. We hurried up to him and he handed us all
maroon, V-neck long-sleeved shirts with one big diamond shaped marking on the stomach, as well as baggy, dark cargo pants that hung perfectly at the ankle. “Many thanks Tri!” Haru shouted over the noise of all the excited people. Tri gave us all a nod and pointed towards the doors to the Training Court.



© 2014 Zoe Brewer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

When the time comes I will put the other pics up, but since the scenes they contain are in...like...10 chapters and whatnot, it's gonna be a while...

Posted 9 Years Ago


Rooting for Tri! I don't have enough drawings on my computer for chapter pics so I'm just getting em' off the internet now... All of mine are on paper! But, if I can be bothered, I will scan them for you guys. Plus all the drawings I've done on my laptop contain spoilers and characters that have not yet been introduced! D: Oh well...the red girl in my picture is Karasu btw..

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
2 Reviews
Added on August 24, 2014
Last Updated on August 24, 2014


Author

Zoe Brewer
Zoe Brewer

Australia



About
I am a 14 year old writer from Australia. My hobbies are: Typing up my books, drawing and playing video games. I also like to create cosplay costumes and collect various figurines from all different m.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Zoe Brewer


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Zoe Brewer