The Short Story

The Short Story

A Story by Amber
"

This is true story about one of my old friends.

"

It all started out as a short story. Everyone I showed it to liked it, some even thought I got it online. It was only a school project. It wasn't that good, was it? It must be if that many people said it was good. I felt accomplished. I knew in all of the brief moments of people telling me how good the story was, that it was the career that I wanted. I was happy and very excited. Of all the people I thought she would encourage me the most, I was wrong. She also was trying to write a story, she started before me though.


We were in my room, she was helping me put some stuff away. On the floor I spotted the rough draft. I smiled I knew that she would like it, wouldn’t she? It was crumpled up a bit, but I liked the feel of it, I threw it on to the dresser and knew that I would get her to read it later. We finished tidying. Oh wait! I almost forgot to get her to read it! I walked over to the dresser and handed the worn paper to her and told her to read it, I was excited!


About 5 minutes later, unlike everyone else I was most excited to hear your input on the school assignment I had worked so hard on. I grinned happily and asked you what you thought, you told me it wasn't bad but it needed more description and a better story line. My heart broke, my best friend didn't think it was good. She was looking at me weird now. I told her that everyone else thought I got it off the internet. She told me that people were stupid.


You made my heart split even more than it already was. I grabbed it from your hands and said that I knew it was bad, thinking in my head that it was better than hers which was about a bunch of kids in the forest. I ignored the feel I had for as long as I could. You left to go home, I sat in my room, thinking of what I did wrong in the story. I then thought about my story, why did I make you a character in it? You are the character that thinks that I can’t do anything right, and I was starting to believe it. You never told me that I was terrible, but everything was always a contest. If we were playing a game and I kept winning you would get mad at me. I try really hard to keep you as a friend, a best friend. But if you never apologize to me, we can’t continue being friends. I have other friends. You know, the ones you hate!


Goodbye old friend...

© 2013 Amber


Author's Note

Amber
I don't care what you think. If you want more or have suggestions, please e-mail [email protected]

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice story ...simple to follow ...liked it
Good write up , keep writing

Cheers!!

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
2 Reviews
Added on July 3, 2013
Last Updated on July 3, 2013
Tags: friends, the old man, story, short, backstabbing, true story, real life, nonfiction

Author

Amber
Amber

Writing
Bugs Bugs

A Poem by Amber


The Cold Family The Cold Family

A Story by Amber


The Old Man The Old Man

A Story by Amber