Chapter II

Chapter II

A Chapter by Sarabeara!

 

II.
“Word back from the knights, my king, all went as planned.” The king’s servant bowed and took a step back from the throne.
“Wonderful, wonderful! All went as planned—wonderful! Soon, my kingdom will be heaven on Earth! No immoral characters…just the pure! Servant, I must tell you, for it has been on my mind. I did know you and the messenger were quite close. I sympathize with your loss, but had he lived knowing my plan, our world may continue to be full of sin and immorality. You must understand…I cannot trust too many people.” The king eyed askance at his servant.
“I understand, my King. I have never doubted your intentions.”
“Good. You are good, my servant. You may continue your duties.”
“Yes, but if I may, there is a letter here for you. It seems to be quite important. I thought I should hand it over.”
“Letter…? Why I get letters all the time! What is so different about this particular letter?”
“It has the most enticing seal.” The servant’s eyes wandered to it, a most brilliant blue, with a dove inscribed on it. He handed the letter to the King.
The King opened the letter and began to read. “Hmm…how odd. This is an odd letter.”
“Pay no mind, my King. All is well.” The servant bowed again and left the room.
The King looked down at the letter again. He started to crumple the paper, but it latched onto his fingers. It became as strong as steel and started to bend back each finger to the knuckle. Out of pure horror, he screamed for his servant, but no one came. He screamed for the peasants but had forgotten he killed them all in the massacre. He screamed for his cooks and knights, but none came when he called. The letter now was growing and growing, breaking his fingers and rising itself ever closer to his face. Certain letters glowed a bloody red, engraining themselves into his brain. It continued to push closer and closer to his head, smothering him, ripping back his hands and consuming him.
“we wish to Give yOu our regarDs on your tremendous loss. KiNdly accept Our sympathy With open heartS. bless your kingdom And bLess her Loyal subjects.”
“King!” a voice called.
The letter flew onto the floor, releasing the King from its grip. An unknown man was at the door. And at his feet were the words “God knows all.”


© 2008 Sarabeara!


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting story you got so far. Can't wait to read more. How did you come up with this idea?

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
1 Review
Added on February 17, 2008


Author

Sarabeara!
Sarabeara!

WV



About
Books: Night of the Hunter, Animal Farm, The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress, Orphans in the Sky, 1984, Stranger in a Strange Land, The Catcher in the Rye, you know, your politics meets sci-fi. I read some.. more..

Writing
childplay childplay

A Poem by Sarabeara!


untitled untitled

A Poem by Sarabeara!