GORKHALAND-AN ASPIRATION

GORKHALAND-AN ASPIRATION

A Story by Deepankar

Gorkhaland is our aspiration. It is not just a wild, extravagant and impossible dream. We aspire to live and prosper in Gorkhaland in the mere future. So it is the aspiration of millions. Is ego, communalism, hatred bigger than Aspiration? No, absolutely not. Human-beings’ evolution is solely based on aspiration and in the pursuit of happiness. Our leaders have to understand this simple fact with extreme clarity. The martyrs who lost their precious lives are still being tagged as a supporter of one party or the other which is ridiculous. They are the ardent supporter of Gorkhaland and Gorkhaland only, nothing else. (I used ‘are’ inlieu of ‘were’, because they will forever be embedded in our minds, heart and soul. They have attained immortality and will forever live amongst us). Now is the time to coalesce and raise our voice in unison. Our next great leader need not be a great orator. But the one who should be able to unite and gel all the masses together. One the common man can relate to. He need not be in traditional attire. Our next great leader is somewhere amongst us in jeans and a t-shirt, cigarette and a red bull in one hand and a smartphone in the other. In my personal view, aspiration to gain Independence from the British rule was initiated by B.G. Tilak (A Journalist). This created awareness and people from all fields came to the fore. We need to start an initiative and start coalescing from the grass root levels in our vicinity. Try and convince and win the hearts of all the communities residing in harmony with us. We need to have a self realisation and ponder about my contribution at this great hour. When I reach my 50s or 60s, if my body lets me to ofcourse, and my grandchild questions me about this exact hour and what was my contribution or what was I doing during the Gorkhaland’s struggle, I wonder and fear, what my answer will be. It’s upon us to save a rich and diverse history that we have inherited upon. No, it’s not a matter of choice but our moral responsibility and obligation. BECAUSE WE ARE A GORKHA AND A GORKHA NEVER FAILS. JAI GORKHA AND JAI GORKHALAND!!!

© 2017 Deepankar


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
Added on October 23, 2017
Last Updated on October 23, 2017
Tags: political, aspiration, darjeeling, india

Author

Deepankar
Deepankar

Gangtok, Gangtok, India



About
A complete emotional freak.... I know very less about myself so as to say. & I'm trying to find myself from deep within which hitherto may have been trapped by myself. Really interested in stor.. more..

Writing
ONE ONE

A Chapter by Deepankar


TWO TWO

A Chapter by Deepankar


THREE THREE

A Chapter by Deepankar