TWO

TWO

A Chapter by Deepankar
"

SHE HAS A BOYFRIEND

"
Well after one and a half month break, back to the same place again. But this time I’d decided I wouldn’t stay in the filthy hostel anymore. Anybody who has once in their life been there would know what I’m talking about. The food. No matter which hostel you go to hostel food is a hostel food. And especially if ur heading straight back from ur warm and cozy mom’s food then how could u find that inedible edible. Rite?                As far as my results were concerned I was surprised to know ki I nearly toppd’ the class. Which was a shock and pretty relieving for me. Now I thought atleast I won’t fail. Cos all I was studying for was degree not knowledge. Which I regret it to the last bit now.
 
Anyways, next semester had started and I moved out of the hostel. Me and my couple of friends found a flat outside the campus and we shifted there. It was fun. Cooking ourselves, having and doing whatever we want, at whatever time we want. We were the Masters of the Universe at that moment of our life. Boozing had been the heart and soul of our life. Wake up at 2 at night and drink whatever fluid we would get and again slam down to bed. But I guess that’s life, u do stupid things. And that’s how you tumble and fall and finally learn. But at that moment of time I had no intention of learning from life, cos life itself hadn’t met me yet.
   One day one of my friend’s brother invited us for a dinner, frankly speaking, it was a booze party nothing else. We went. There I met a guy who was a friend of her. How I came to know about it? I guess if the spin of the electron pairs up they attain stability. That’s what happened ther.She just popped out of nowhere in our conversation. I found out that she was a Bengali, which rocked me back. I said HUH!!!. But then I wasn’t bothered. Her name was Natalie. She wasn’t a Christian, but her name was Natalie.. Funny hae. Then the shocking thing came up. She wasengaged. I mean she had a boyfriend back in her hometown the guy said. A sour fluid flowed thru my nostrils and throat and rested rite in my heart. Eyes immediately stared at the ceiling as it wasn’t able to look into anyone else’s. But then a shot of vodka cured it up.
  “Nothing lost ma fren”, one of the guys said to me.
 But frankly speaking I wasn’t feeling anything at all after the primary sourness. It was gone.
Next day the same hangover. Same old story, but ready for the lecturer’s lecture. Sounded bizarre then and still is.
Weeks passed by, I hadn’t seen her. But one day all of a sudden, as I was coming out of my class she was standing outside with her friends. I was nervous. I don’t know why the f**k I was frightened and nervous. I turned red and my legs shivered. A pathetic guy I was.
She looked at me and I looked at her and this was probably the first time we gazed upon each other. It was transient, but felt for eternity. Remember those moments whenyou look straight into someone's eyes  and feel uneasy yet so pleasant and your heart begins to pound real heavy. You feel as if time itself has slowed down and you can hear every tic along with your heartbeat throbbing and banging on from every possible direction. That’s what happened to me. Then she quickly looked away, and me??? My heart smiled for the first time. As if a warm and bright ray of sun lanced inside my heart and landed there, rather soothing me and my million cells within which had been hibernating hitherto. I thought no matter what, she likes me. I knew it from inside.  Then?  Then I walked away and from far distance turned around and looked back to know if she was looking back at me or not.
Yes, she was. I felt happy. If I were to describe the feeling, it felt nice. It is as simple as that. Just nice and happy. Nothing more. I guess to get that kind of simplicity is all the more complex and difficult. Quite ironic. Sometimes, it just has to be easy and I felt some kind of easiness and soothing at that moment in my life. I don't know why.
Next day I found out that their classes had been shifted to our block and I was jubilated. Because now I knew I would be able to see her daily and may be talk. And that’s exactly what happened. I would see her walk past me everyday and look at me from the corner of her eye. See her turning back as she would be with her friends. Occasionally lift her head and glance towards me. Butthe days passed by and weeks and months. I couldn’t gather the guts and the confidence to talk to her. I feared that if I'd approached her, I might lose whatever I think is been going on with her the “Little eye game we had”. So I couldn’t.
 
Nevertheless, Natalie was my prime focus. She became of utmost importance to me. Natalie never stopped looking at me the way she used to.

Then the semester was over and there she was standing on the girl’s hostel balcony alone as if saying me goodbye and C u. But I knew I need to talk to her. I had the feeling that if she went back home she would meet her boyfriend and may be forget all about me and come back and not notice me ever. So I said to myself, “Now or never”.
 But neither Now came nor Never happened. She went away and I was left cursing myself there.
I went back to my room and drank until I blacked out for being such a dick…. The thing I was best at.
I didn’t know that I was in love with this girl. Was this love? What I knew is I just wanted to know what she felt about me. None of my friends knew anything about her. So I was burning from inside. Now I’d to wait for a whole month to see her again and this was killing me…………………..



© 2016 Deepankar


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
Added on April 17, 2016
Last Updated on April 17, 2016


Author

Deepankar
Deepankar

Gangtok, Gangtok, India



About
A complete emotional freak.... I know very less about myself so as to say. & I'm trying to find myself from deep within which hitherto may have been trapped by myself. Really interested in stor.. more..

Writing
ONE ONE

A Chapter by Deepankar


THREE THREE

A Chapter by Deepankar