I'm Coming To Get You

I'm Coming To Get You

A Story by John Preston
"

It's nearly Halloween time

"

            I am coming to get you - Halloween Treat

No trick or treat here my dear. We only come once a year. Are you coming back with me?

Down below they sleep so sweetly, not knowing I am above to seek their Spirits.

   “Oh yes, there’s one all alone; -
       There you are, little child, eyes closed tight. You cannot hide from the dark.

Come child; follow me into your dream.
                                Let’s you and I, go on a little journey,’ there, there
child, clear your mind. Who am I’ you ask with surprise. ‘Why- I’m the spirit guide.
To give you a good time. Now leave your body snug and warm, you really, really
do not need that, at all.

Would you like to go into the wood! Where there are pixies, goblins and fairies.
Who live deep unseen and are so, so good. All playing their silly games, and so waiting for you.
Do you see the Lady of the ‘night skies’, her grey silver lining will it deceive. “There, glowing,
between a misty shine. Flowing seemingly sight misleads, an endless path, we all will take.

Trees abound to the left and to the right, branches waving, calling in the breeze.
Mind as you go past the gwahchahr’o, he might peck your eyes out, ‘be sure, he do.
Come my dear, come sweet child, can you hear them calling beckoning thee.
                        Fear of the unknowing are you afraid. Who is that whispering in your ears
 ‘Why it’s’ only the wind my dear.

To-Wit, To-Whoo- high above you, it is only the night sound. Then from behind a soft swishing, rustling sound. Dark flying objects swooped right by.
You shudder, shiver with fear Oh’ dear’. Your light it fads, a flicker, then gone. All alone in this overgrown forest, Oh! So deep. ‘There, see that puddle, yonder. See her reflection as you peep. Follow the silver lady over that hill.

She fades before you; you feel a chill, cloud of darkness, black cat eyes.
Do not follow sweet child, for you might die. No never, walk alone, always together.
You’ your shadow, it is trailing behind. “But not’ this night, “it’s out of view, why, why.
Who has taken your comfort, my sweet child? Me! That is who!

Do you see that glint beyond the tree line that is the golden bridge of the night? None, who dwells in the forest, may pass for fear of Permanente sleep.

Is their danger or evil lurking around you? ‘No you’re
afraid, walking along a darkened lane. Something touches your shoulder right, you scream out
loud “Oh, what a fright. Shadows of the night seem to be playing games. Hurry child they be gaining.

 

   

Do you sense there is something following you? Look over there between those trees.

See that silhouette, it seems a hairy beast to me. Oh’ it makes such horrible sounds, so scary freighting to our ears. Hurry! Child- stay on this path.
Do you think it is a werewolf? Hurry up! He will eat you alive if he catches you.

Stay with me child in your dream. I promise. You will be all right; there is no danger this night.
“See, I am behind! Shadow right.

You increase your pace to be clear. This be not a race, do not rush my dear.

  A Howl, a snarl, what can it be " “Don’t look back, it might, do you harm.

“So many eyes seem to be looking- blinking. See the stars in the sky, are they twinkling.
This path your on, it’s never ending, until your last step, or even last breath.
Not until then, will you reach our Silver Lady.

Do you see the fairies all laughing at you, some are calling begging you to play with them.
“No child, stay on the path, for you may never come back.

Now we have reached the golden bridge that separates our worlds, go now, just one-step
is all it takes. A foot upon, you turn, take your last peek before it is gone.
“Now a light begins to unfold, before your eyes so many fireflies, leading you down your path this night. You feel secure safe, it is so right.

“Now our Silver Lady waves good bye she calls out, “I’ll see you tonight;
As she departs a new light forms. Darkness dispels trees go to sleep
                    “Shush” “Shush” let the trees sleep
A smile on your face as the sun breaks, until tonight my dear child.


“I bet, you can’t wait.

“Sleep tight”

                   


Copyright@John Preston2014


 






© 2014 John Preston


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
Added on July 24, 2014
Last Updated on August 22, 2014
Tags: Horror ?, |Supernatural & Occult

Author

John Preston
John Preston

Ashbourne, Derbyshire Dales, United Kingdom



About
I'm past my time not long to go, but ha I'll just keep going, day by day one step at a time. I can not write but I try poetry, rime a little story. Please comment as you feel. It's good to know. Dy.. more..

Writing