Math class gets a little too exciting

Math class gets a little too exciting

A Chapter by Cricket Kidd

I'm sure many of you share my feelings towards school. it's boring.  

Especially math class. I hate numbers. They make my head hurt.

We all look forward to that welcome distraction every now and then, even if it is just another office aid delivering another note.

So of course, all of us looked up gratefully when the door opened, hoping it was for one of us.

"Don't anyone move!" three armed, masked figures burst into the room. Karen black screamed, the second person swung around and shot in her direction. The bullet went over her head and embedded itself in the back wall.

No one else made a sound, for fear that they might aim the next time.

"Hands up! All of you!" the first person, a big guy with a deep voice shouted.

"No one has to get hurt, if you just do what we tell you to do." The last person, a woman it sounded like. She was shorter and more graceful than her companions.

All of us put our hands in the air. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Mr. Coons reach for the intercom button next to his desk.

"Don't touch that! Get away from that desk!" the first guy yelled. Our teacher stood slowly, and walked to the empty student desk the man pointed to.

" Tim, guard the phone and the door. I'll watch this one." He gestured to Mr. Coons. "Kate, you know what we need. Get to it. Hurry."

"You, Name." She pointed her gun at the first boy in the row.

"Sh-Sh-Shawn Diep."

"You." She went to the next student back.

"Tonya Lisee."

"You."

"Marva Hargus."

And so on. I could see relief on the faces of people she passed, and anxiety on those yet to have a gun pointed at them.

I knew that all of us had the same question pounding in their heads. Are they looking for me?

"Winston Alatosse."

"You." She pointed at me.

"Lauren Kreeger."

"Stand up!"

My heart skipped a beat, then began to thud faster, and heavier with fear. I stood slowly, not sure if my legs could take my weight they were shaking so hard.

"Do you have a cell phone?" 

"Y-yes."

"Put it on the desk."

I did, not taking my eyes off the eyeholes in her mask.

She grabbed my arm, and swung me around, I felt the cold metal of the gun against my ear.  

"Lets go. Tim, get the door. Don't struggle if you want to live."

I went still at the steel in her voice. It left no doubt that she could, and would, shoot.

"Now, move."

I was propelled through the door, down the hall, and out to a large black van. A fourth person jumped out and opened it up, while a fifth started the engine.

"In."

I didn't have much choice, she pushed me forward so forcefully that I fell into the dark opening. The four people climbed in after, and slammed it shut.

Something was held up to my face, over my nose and mouth. It smelled vile.

But it didn't matter much, because by the time I had made that observation, everything went dark.


© 2012 Cricket Kidd


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
Added on February 20, 2012
Last Updated on February 20, 2012


Author

Cricket Kidd
Cricket Kidd

somwhere over the rainbow, UT



About
i like chocolate and fantasy. I don't believe in swearing, drinking, or doing any kind of drug. I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, I like giraffes (obviously) and I think dra.. more..

Writing
Foreward Foreward

A Chapter by Cricket Kidd