Drowning

Drowning

A Story by PrimeCheesecake

My husband falls asleep early, I stay up late. I kiss him goodnight and turn to close the blinds in our bedroom. It's raining, finally. As I reach the window, the rain picks up rather intensely; so much, in fact, that I can see the water passing like a river just outside our half-underground apartment. Before I can close the windows, the water spills in at an alarming rate. I, however, manage to close them, only for a brief time. The force of the flood cracks the windows, eventually breaking them, once again releasing the massive amounts of water into the bedroom. I run over to my husband to try and wake him up, but to no avail. He is out cold. So I begin running, feet splashing on the floor now, to the living room to call an emergency line. But the currents close the bedroom door before I can reach it. 
Water is up to my knees now. I get up onto the bed to attempt to wake my husband yet again. No good. He groans and rolls over, oblivious to the matter at hand. The walls start to crack and leak water from all sides. Now from the roof? Where is all of this coming from?!
Afraid, confused, defeated. I lay on the bed, which is now soaked, with my husband. I don't know what to do.
The water reaches my face, it licks at my nose, and I inhale.
The walls and ceiling give. The force of the floods are too strong. Everything just... gives in.

© 2012 PrimeCheesecake


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
Added on May 8, 2012
Last Updated on May 8, 2012