AUGUSTIAN SYNOPSIS

AUGUSTIAN SYNOPSIS

A Chapter by Kuwanni

 

AUGUSTIAN SYNOPSIS

Evans, the quiet and simplistic town kissing borders with Augusta Georgia, seemed to be a relaxing place to visit. The continuous walkers, clear air, and beautiful sky line illuminated the crisp, warm afternoon. Yet, I did not find myself in such a quaint state. Seeking reason and answers of the abandonment through the south end of Augusta brought a quite depressing mindset and a distasteful grunt, as I saw lonely men and women making their ventures home. The large setting or hot spots were now closed or boarded due to illegitimate care leaving the locals harvesting their gifts to find opportunities in the northern areas of the locality. But in all essence, I laughed as I saw outdated cars and their spunk, speed the intersections; church gatherings and events with white feathered hats and gray and green suits, along with the loud sound of laughter and enjoyment after traveling to the market in night clothes and house slippers for the week’s fun. Yes, Augusta and Evans, my hometown, the same as it was yesterday and still today. 

So where are we going Augusta? I see the northern area of Evans encounter tear downs and build ups of new facilities and havens for the medium class, yet my Augustians remain the same, abandoned, betrayed, and hopeless. Each day goes by with melancholy faces with the questions I hear “When will we move forward? When will we improve?” “ I wear the dirty jeans but white shoes”, says the guy walking pass my car. So how can one area of true African American influence damper with time and dissolve with lack of interest? There is much culture and creativity in Augusta, but we are trapped in the mindset of disagreement and illusions with the fear of past failures. Should you care that the evolution in this desolate land seems to lack effect? I think you should. We all should care about Augusta. She is indeed beautiful…



© 2008 Kuwanni


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Your story brought me back to the Tuskegee Experiment for some reason. Your opening statement, "Evans, the quiet and simplistic town kissing borders with Augusta Georgia, seemed to be a relaxing place to visit" draws the reader in more to know and learn of your Augusta. Such a sweet opening!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 24, 2008


Author

Kuwanni
Kuwanni

LAWRENCEVILLE, GA



Writing
Original Original

A Poem by Kuwanni