The consequences

The consequences

A Chapter by prymore
"

The consequences of the first chapter.

"
     I looked at the floor and rolled onto my back, I ended up in a coughing fit and rolled onto my side, it eventually stopped. I pushed my way to my feet, I leaned against the wall for support, my chest hurt.
     Great start to a new life, lungs filled with smoke, already running.
     I made my way to the doorway, slowly, I looked in and saw a hole that took out a quarter of the buildings corner.
     And killing, always the killing...of the unworthy...but I couldn't let the damned family shift, I couldn't, and I can't...time to go.
     I walked to the edge of the hole and looked down, I saw the floor two hundred feet down, I shook my head, I looked and noticed the end of the hall was gone.
     How the hell didn't I notice that...damned shift.
     I walked to the end of the hall, and looked down, a seventy five foot drop awaited me, I shook my head, I backed away a few feet and ran and jumped. I pushed my hand out and a wave of magic cusined my fall. 
     I looked up and saw a few people walking around through the hole in the corner. I shook my head and ran before they could notice me, I passed a few corpses and a lot of rubble, but I kept running, and running.
     I stopped and caught my breath a few blocks away. I tucked my necklace underneath my shirt and started for my home. I bought new clothes at a local shop and threw my old clothes away in an alley. I walked up the stairs and knocked on my door, I looked around and after a few minutes opened the door with my key. I closed the door behind me and looked around at the house, I turned on the lights and smiled and relaxed a bit. I got something to eat and started packing, 
     I stuffed everything into a backpack, and two large duffle bags. After I was done packing I sprinkled an orange powder around the empty house, I snapped and the house was engulfed in flames, I walked outside and ran down an alley before anyone could notice me. I walked over to the side and concentrated, I visualized a forest and waved my hand and a doorway appeared, I walked through and waved behind me and it vanished. I looked around at the lush forest and walked over to a large tree and collapsed against it. I closed my eyes and faded into sleep.


© 2021 prymore


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

17 Views
Added on May 1, 2021
Last Updated on May 5, 2021


Author

prymore
prymore

colonial heights, VA



About
Hello my name is prymore, also known as oyak muisso meakezy, and a few others. i'm 22, I love to read and write and have created several fantasy worlds with hundreds of characters. follow me on twi.. more..

Writing
A Quote A Quote

A Chapter by prymore


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by prymore


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by prymore