money

money

A Poem by rt farris
"

in it we trust

"
the sound
of a falling tree
in a forest
without even an ant
as witness
may be real
but
it mostly requires
faith and fear
as all religions
do

© 2011 rt farris


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Actually...the ear produces sound and not the falling tree. The falling tree only produces physical disruption to the atmosphere around it that the ear then interprets as sound. So the answer to the riddle is no...a tree cannot make a sound without anyone to hear it. And religion is an emnity to faith as much as public schooling is a hindrance to education and critical thinking. When I read Dee Brown's Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee...it told a very different story of "how the west was won" than the one I had read in my grade school history book...and it was backed up by archives stored in our own library of congress. One must realize that the great American genocide was not a work of fiction any more than Hitler's genocide against the Jews and other minorities was. The victors write the history books...not the vanquished. Religious books are generally written by religious people such as the Scribes and Pharisees whom Jesus condemned in His own time. But I am a believer that if one comes to know the truth, it does indeed set one free. Or at least it gives them a new perspective on the lies they have been told. An interesting write you have created here.

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
. so true ...
. brilliantly said ...
. a very profound and a very succinct piece of poetry ...

Posted 12 Years Ago


very true... very strong

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

186 Views
3 Reviews
Added on November 24, 2011
Last Updated on November 24, 2011

Author

rt farris
rt farris

IL



About
i listen. i watch. then i write. more..

Writing
coffee coffee

A Poem by rt farris


masked masked

A Poem by rt farris


rendevouz rendevouz

A Poem by rt farris