Reinterpreting Transcendence

Reinterpreting Transcendence

A Story by psisatyr
"

Transcendence is objectvized and subjectivized from metaphysics into metarealism

"

Transcendence as a metaphysical mode of being has to be stripped of its comfortable throne and broken down to a more tangible entity being one of meta-realism. Now what is meta-realism? A meta-realism has both subjective and objective states of ontology. I would like to dissect both these ontology’s. I divide meta-realism into transcendent subjectivity and transcendent objectivity. First of all I would like to explain what transcendent subjectivity is.  Transcendent subjectivity would be a realm of menta-physico-psychic affectivity. It would be a transaction of experiences that arise and arouse the body and give pleasure or angst within the mind. In its lower levels it would be expressions of bodily urges like love or sex, the feeling when s***s or when one feels pain or the feelings of hunger. At a higher level of being, a transcendent subjectivity would result in the emotionality of expressions of creativity like poetry, art, music or the novel. Transcendent subjectivity can also be affected by intuitiveness, meaning, when a given corpus of sensory stimulus received in the mind, leads to an ideational creation of new content. Transcendent objectivity would a rationalization or emprizization of mental content. Transcendent objectivity would include both inductive and deductive thinking and also an overlapping of them. What is Deductive thinking? It’s thinking where one moves from a general state or theory or statement to s specific one. For example a clichéd syllogism where deduction works is: All men are mortal. Socrates is a man and therefore Socrates is mortal. What is inductive thinking? It’s a method of reasoning from the specific to the general. A simple example would be: one can test a miniscule amount of sugar in water and conclude that all sugar dissolves in water. But there are situations and areas where deductive and inductive reasoning overlaps.  For example Newton deducted that there could be a reason for an apple to fall on to the ground. But it was by induction that he concluded that it happens as a result of gravity. Another example of overlapping of deductive and inductive would be the reading of old texts. Old texts are read and reread and deduced for the possibility of new meanings to emerge. Sometimes the reader or the hermeneuticist goes to the extent of creating new theories. Some examples of these would be post modernism and post structuralism.

© 2014 psisatyr


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

179 Views
Added on December 31, 2014
Last Updated on December 31, 2014
Tags: Philosophy, Literature, Transcendence, Metaphysics, Meta-realism, subjectivity, objectivity, deductive, inductive

Author

psisatyr
psisatyr

India



About
I am a pedagogist; I hail from God's Own Country in Kerala. Writing prose, fiction and poetry are my special interests. Making love, boozing are so delicacies of a fruit for me more..

Writing