Kerala’s Shoddy Beverage Outlets

Kerala’s Shoddy Beverage Outlets

A Story by psisatyr
"

It's a description about the shoddy treatment meted out by the Kerala Congress Govt. to its citizens when they want to drink alcohol.

"

Let me tell you at the outset, I am a passionate drinker. Why I drink? It awakens my subconscious, all my repressed stored in the culture of India as a great civilization. I am a down done failure. I hate to be Indian. I can’t be Jewish or Hellenic. I extend V S Naipaul’s phrase, “I am not in India alone, but I am in a global area of darkness”. I can only seek a wounded restoration in a Diaspora which I am not accustomed to. Why I am blaming myself? The Hellenic, the Hinduic, the Christian, the Jewish all succumb me to an Ontology of Nothingness. I am in a paradox, caught up with the bright stars of the West and the dismal stars of the East. Let alone these Philosophical inclinations, why does the Kerala Government, the fucked up Congress government allow a person to drink with dignity?  First of all it monopolizes all alcohol beverage outlets. Do you know where they are? They exist in shoddy barns, grimly asbetosized and covered with metal gates. A person has to stand in a long serpentine queue before reaching the damned counter. Who are the persons standing before and after me? They stink with drunken sweat. I pose the question to the Congress govt. of Kerala why can’t you have the guts to demonopolize and secure alcohol outlets to all shops. The irony of the fact is that the rich drink in four star and five star hotels. Why the f**k do you regard drinking as a Catholic sin? Why the f**k do you cancel bar licenses and then secure a huge amount of bribes to open those outlets? That is the strangest paradox. Why do you treat the proletarians, the working class, and the subaltern in this dastardly manner? I know you b******s and sons of b*****s, you consume the best f*****g liquor, you f**k the best women, and your scams go unheeded. So what’s wrong with you fuckers, why don’t you let the working class rejoice in their agonies and their happiness?

© 2015 psisatyr


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
Added on February 2, 2015
Last Updated on February 2, 2015
Tags: Kerala, Kerala Government, Indian National Congress, Liquor Policy, Alcohol, Booze, Proletarian

Author

psisatyr
psisatyr

India



About
I am a pedagogist; I hail from God's Own Country in Kerala. Writing prose, fiction and poetry are my special interests. Making love, boozing are so delicacies of a fruit for me more..

Writing