Analysis of Linda Lowman in Death of a salesman

Analysis of Linda Lowman in Death of a salesman

A Story by psisatyr
"

It's an analysis of Linda Lowman in Death of a Sales Man

"

Linda Lowman is an archetypal mother and dotes on her sons and Billy. She always maintains an optimistic attitude towards her husband and her sons. From a feminist perspective, her character can be deconstructed as being excessively centered on the logo centric discourse of the masculine. She is meek, obedient and submissive to her husband. She takes great care in not criticizing her husband’s erratic behavior and compromises his eccentricities as a loving wife. From a feminist viewpoint her character has to be deconstructed from the author’s creation as a docile human being. Her interests, her persona are all archetypal of struggling American middleclass woman who ironically have no voice other than their husbands and sons. But in spite of all of these negations, she lives with dignity and grace, coping excellently as a loving mother who is confronted with adversities. When her sons misbehave with Willy Lowman, she goes to the extreme of rendering punitive and chastising actions against them. Linda Lowman is the archetypal mother who plays a pivotal role in keeping her husband and her sons as a hen would do its chicks, by keeping them under her feathers.

© 2015 psisatyr


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
Added on March 6, 2015
Last Updated on March 6, 2015
Tags: Literature, Death of Salesman, Linda Lowman, Feminism, Deconstruction, Archetype

Author

psisatyr
psisatyr

India



About
I am a pedagogist; I hail from God's Own Country in Kerala. Writing prose, fiction and poetry are my special interests. Making love, boozing are so delicacies of a fruit for me more..

Writing