chapter 1-the calm before the storm.

chapter 1-the calm before the storm.

A Chapter by puppylover13437

     The rain tapped impatiently against the ceiling of the school. I glanced at the window, the rain was coming down slowly as it had been expected to. I can't stand being inside during the rain. I glanced at the clock, It was less than a minute till the bell would ring. When it did I would go home. A sharp buzz ran through the halls and the other students around me began to erupt into the every hour sounds of chair screeches and feet shuffling. I quickly picked up my backpack and left the class.

      I made it out of the school easily, due to the lack of staff watching the kids. No one noticed me gone either, because I don't try to make friends. I had to walk, but I didn't mind my house wasn't that far away, and I enjoy the rain.

      My front door opens quietly, so my parents don't notice me. My dad is talking to a man in the kitchen. I hide behind the door and spy in on the conversation.

      "I feel kind of guilty doing this to her." To who, my moms dead.

      "Don't worry about it she will grow to love my son." The man said.

      "Yeah, so how much money do I get?" My father asked.

      "Young, Emmagene Smith is a nice catch for my son so... one thousand dollars and all the debts you owe me are paid." The man remarked.

      "Your selling me!" I burst in, I felt too betrayed and disgusted to listen anymore, " how could you dad?" I felt tears in my eyes but I fought them back.

      " I'm selling you, because it's what's best for your future, when was the last time you dated anyone?" My father says looking at me softly.

      "Really to me it sounded like you were paying off debts!"

      " No matters," The man interrupts, " you will be engaged to my son by tomorrow afternoon."

      I glare at my dad," you better hope I don't run away."

      "come on, Emma- " I cut him off

      "Don't call me that!" I yell, before he can answer I run to my room, and lock the door.

      I didn't want to marry someone I didn't love, but I guess I don't have a choice. Outside the rain poured down heavily.



© 2015 puppylover13437


Author's Note

puppylover13437
I hope you guys enjoy this chapter, please tell me if it's too short.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

The plot is good, it hooked me in. my only suggestion is put some more spacing between the quotes. Other then that its amazing.

Posted 9 Years Ago


puppylover13437

9 Years Ago

Thanks for the advice, i think I'll do that. I'm working on the next chapter, I've been really busy.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

89 Views
1 Review
Added on March 29, 2015
Last Updated on May 13, 2015