Stunned

Stunned

A Poem by IamDale
"

They remember me!

"
I left them, two months running.
They went crazy when they found out.
I did not wave to a single person.
I never can say goodbye.

I always think of them,
Their funny antics, their kindness to me.
I was never clown of the class; I was the geek one.
But they always believed I had that side; the clown's face.

They made me perform like a fool.
But I loved it, I was Big D once.
I rapped like there was no tomorrow,
I wore shades and all; felt like one of the gang lords.

Well, I knew I made a wrong mistake.
Of leaving such amazing individuals.
I found new friends, no, a family in them.
They made me feel the feeling of having to belong.

I always searched, been to 10 schools.
But never felt this way; my smiles and laughs.
I laughed and smiled triple times than the time,
When I was geeking my way into the top in the nine other schools.

They we're sad, I felt guilty.
I thought they won't mind, but I was wrong.
They cared and tried to stop me.
I was left looking at their messages, Stunned!

© 2011 IamDale


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

SOUNDS LIKE A COOL LIFE EXPERIENCE! Makes me wonder if you are still into rapping!?


Posted 12 Years Ago


Really nice, it has truth and life it for sure.

Posted 12 Years Ago


People are sometimes their own hardest judge... and it blinds them to all they ever wanted...

Posted 12 Years Ago


"They we're sad, I felt guilty.
I thought they won't mind, but I was wrong.
They cared and tried to stop me.
I was left looking at their messages, Stunned!"

My favorite stanza.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Sometimes we believe we are doing the right thing, making the right choice but in the end, we end up realizing what we've left behind and how comfortable and happy that person was once. Many of us during our lifetime have changed who we are to get along with the trends but that isn't the case in making you cool. Those who care do give a s**t and don't want you going down a dark path.

"I laughed and smiled triple times than the time,"

Yes, we get that but I rather laugh with those who will never leave me in the dark than laugh alone in the end.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Yet another excellent poem. Its hard to say goodbye and I know this feeling all too well. Sometimes in life we have no other choice than to let go of the past and move on, but our memories we carry with us through time will remain with us forever. There are friendships however that pass the test of time, and I am lucky for I have a number of those.

And I as well was the geek in school, so I feel your pain. I was known as 'The Trenchcoat Queen' after I moved from one part of the state to another and began my senior year in a completely different school and having to deal with the culture shock was an eye-opening experience. (going from a city school to a small country school where everyone knows everyone...oye)

I could go on about this poem and how much I can relate to it on so many levels. I really felt what you were feeling in this poem. Remarkable. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


It is always a mystery when life is concerned. The choices we make and the emotions we experience all center us as persons of our own making. Not sure if that makes sense but aside from that this was well penned and I liked it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


A nice dedication and realization. It's an irony of human nature that we tend to look back with regret for not holding the value of the present but at least distance allows us to remember.

Posted 12 Years Ago


this is my 11th school in 3 years so I know what you mean. In this school now I feel like the kids here are my family.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Sometimes we perceive things in our own way...I learned long ago never underestimate people's thoughts lol
Powerful work
xx

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

205 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 23, 2011
Last Updated on September 23, 2011
Tags: Friends, Memories, Life, Old Times

Author

IamDale
IamDale

Quezon City, NCR, Philippines



About
I write when I'm in the mood. I write about everything. I write about the truth. I write what my mind tells me to. I write from the heart. I write with GOD :) more..

Writing
If Only If Only

A Poem by IamDale


God's ABC God's ABC

A Poem by IamDale


Color Blind Color Blind

A Poem by IamDale



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Dark Secrets Dark Secrets

A Poem by Legacy