Changing Fate

Changing Fate

A Chapter by pvanson
"

Introduction excerpt

"
Mrs. Tribeck opened her back door to see two small boys standing in the morning sun. “Well, hello,” she said. Standing before her were me, Pete, a toe-headed boy of six in jean shorts and a grey tee shirt. Around my waist was a plastic belt with my plastic sword sheathed with its gold tone plastic handle shining brightly. I also had a plastic civil war pistol stuck in the belt and a confederate army cap tight on my head. Matt, my best friend, also six, stood next to me, with jeans, yellow shirt and two plastic cowboy six-guns holstered on each side. A large brown cowboy hat completed his outfit. “We are looking for Indians and Yankees, have you seen any?” The old lady casually looked around and said, “No, I haven’t boys, you have done a great job keeping the neighborhood safe. How about taking a rest and having a nice cold drink?” Our eyes lit up and we quickly cleared the two steps into Mrs. Tribeck’s kitchen. Her kitchen was immaculate and the faint smell of breakfast lingered in the room. Next to her porcelain sink was a dish rack with a lone coffee cup freshly rinsed and setting to dry. On the table were two tall glasses that had been set out anticipation of Matt and my visit. We took off our hats and sat at the small red Formica topped and stainless steel rimmed table. Mrs. Tribeck continued to play along with us and asked us to please take off our guns during the visit. We quickly removed our weapon belts and placed them on the floor next to the table. Matt tested his reach so that in case he needed to, he could reach his gun. I was only thinking about the treat to come. After we quenched our thirst, we thanked Mrs. Tribeck and went to leave. “Be careful out there, boys, keep your eyes open”. Of course, our eyes would stay open, I thought, not familiar with the pleasantry.


© 2017 pvanson


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

39 Views
Added on October 30, 2017
Last Updated on October 30, 2017


Author

pvanson
pvanson

Writing