The Hospital

The Hospital

A Chapter by jasfjsdajfasd
"

opening

"

The Hospital


The yellow smell of anesthesia serves as a faint reminder of death to those who wander into the Hadley A. Dee's memorial Hospital. Inside, a lack of windows and the deafening white paint create a sphere of walls and ceilings and floors that one can get lost in without even moving. The architect who had built it went mad during construction and shoved himself off of 15 stories. He left behind three children, two lovers, and one suicide note. The mistress and the wife fought over the note, but eventually it went to the kids instead.


Lloyd hadn’t the faintest idea that the hospital he was in had been opened for only 3 months, or that he had been checked in for only 2 months. He didn’t know that the bottoms of his shoes had been cut off, or that his arm was marked by the red bites of shots of heavy doses of medication. He didn’t really even know his own name, only that he had one. Sometimes, when wafts of cold air would float through, his eyes could flutter open and away from dreams for just a moment.


Lloyd’s dream on a sunday night ended abruptly when he felt a sharp pain in his right arm. His feet shifted and he sat up. White sheets slid onto the floor and swaddled a dead bug that had died weeks ago.

“You were out for quite some time.”

Dr. Rosenburg pulled the long needle out of Lloyd and stared thoughtfully at the clock.

“You know, most people don’t wake up when they are asleep as long as you were.”

Dr. Rosenburg set the needle down on a counter and started to leave.

“Don’t push yourself, you are probably very weak.”


Lloyd felt a heaviness shift to his head. His eyes tingled and he fell back down uncovered against the harsh relentless breeze that came from the door.


© 2016 jasfjsdajfasd


Author's Note

jasfjsdajfasd
first draft, first chapter

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

58 Views
Added on May 17, 2016
Last Updated on May 17, 2016
Tags: gothic, novel


Author

jasfjsdajfasd
jasfjsdajfasd

ertwergftwedf, dsfrg, Azerbaijan



About
:) looking for advice and input. I love to write. more..

Writing