the real you

the real you

A Poem by qaralynn

you're always wearing a mask

afraid to show the world

who you really are

 

you never stop acting

never stop hiding

your emotions

 

you always smile

and you always laugh

just to cover your fears

 

but deep inside

you're crying

you're feeling lonely

 

take of your mask

just for one minute

so i can see you

the real you...

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2009 qaralynn


Author's Note

qaralynn
i wrote this about a friend of mine..

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hello Qaralynn,

First let me start off with I love Teenage Dutch girls. They are delicious mixed in with Waterzooi. Nevertheless, this was an excellent read. Flowed very well, and you could feel a real outcalling to your friend. Very well done.

Always,

Matthew

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like it too, great write :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


=) It is sad to know some of us just can't live in the real us. That includes me. I just don't have the courage to show the real me.

I am sure your friend is very lucky to have you. He/she needs your guidance. =) Show her/him this if you haven't. It is always pleasing to know you have a great friend, someone just like you.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is a very good poem. I have known so many people that this could apply to, even myself at times. It's hard just to show everyone who we really are, and sometimes we don't truly know. This is a simple yet sweet poem that flows well from line to line. I like how at the end the last lines seem like your longing to know, desperate almost. The emotion really comes through. Wonderful write qaralynn!

Posted 14 Years Ago


This can be said to many people...but you worded it perfectly. Great Job :]

Posted 14 Years Ago


...........

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is a sweet, sad poem that explains what it is to wear a 'mask' quite well. It's horrible when we have to put up barriers, but some people just have to do it. It's a way of protecting themselves, because they're scared of what everyone will think of the real them. I'm sure your friend will one day take the mask off for you; it just takes time. Great poem, I'm glad to have read.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Great poem. I really loved it. I'm not really into poetry, but this one caught my eye, and I am glad that I read it.

Posted 14 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
A
I really like this! A lot of people wear masks or have at one point in their life. I really like how this is so relateable! Great poem! :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


I really liked this poem, especially because so many people can relate to it. You were able to get your message across clearly, and sweetly.
Well written!

(Btw, I wrote a poem recently on the same subject. If you're interested, please check out Icy Eyes. Thanks.)

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 13, 2009

Author

qaralynn
qaralynn

About
haay everyone, I'm a dutch teenage girl (so please don't mind my bad english) I mostly write to clear my head, because somehow i just can't stop thinking.. XD I like meeting new people.. Feel fr.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by qaralynn


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by qaralynn



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Night Night

A Poem by AngelAfterlife


Spring Rainbows Spring Rainbows

A Poem by Haru