Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by qaralynn

The prime minister cleared his throat and stared at the papers in front of him. The dark circles under his weary eyes revealed how hectic these past days had been. He was obliged to take part in briefing after briefing and knowing how easily he could get fired, Mr. Yallov didn’t complain about the long hours.                         

He looked at the huge group of parents in the cityhall and nervously straightened his tuxedo. This wasn’t going to be easy. 

The group quieted down when he greeted them in an awkward and formal way. Mr. Yallov had always prefered sitting behind his desk but today there really was no other option. All the other ministers had been send to Yarutsk to fix what the president of The World Commision (TWC) had ruined by opening another labour camp. The thought behind it was to transport all the criminals to these camps so that the people would feel saver in their homecountry. Unfortunately for them, these camps made the people doubt the humanity of TWC and they started protesting on the streets.

Mr. Yallov quickly went through his papers one last time and focussed on the high-lighted sentences.

“Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. I want to thank you all for coming here today”, He cleared his throat again and tried to ignore the fact that they had been obliged to come. “As you know, TWC has been searching for ways to make this World community function perfectly. No crime, no corruption, no poverty and just keep on going like that. Some of these attempts have not succeeded in a way we hoped they would but most of them have been giving us great results. Motivated by these results and by the will to make this World a better place for you, we have decided to start with a new program. It’s called -The Preperating Youth Program-.”

The prime minister was forced to pause in his speech as the crowd started to shout their disagreements. He had expected their protest but his hands started to softly shake none the less. Mr. Yallov tried to calm them down but it took a gunshot from an impatient bodyguard for them to remain quiet.

“The youth is our future, they always have been. That’s why the TWC has decided to focus on them. The youth will be brought to special facilities called ‘Youth Camps’. In these facilities they will learn everything that they need to know. They will become motivated and disciplined and will help us with achieving a better future. There are over a million camps all over the World, each for only one group of age. This way we will be able to give the kids exactly what they need at that particular age.”

 Mr. Yallov spoke for another twenty minutes about the camps and sighed relieved when he finally left the cityhall without any injuries.


The people would get used to this new program too. They really didn’t have a choice anyway. 



© 2011 qaralynn


Author's Note

qaralynn
My first novel in English Oo Criticism is very welcome! 8D

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a great introduction to the story. The description of the Minister and the whole scene of the world is quite intriguing. I'm looking forward to the rest! :D

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

278 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 21, 2011
Last Updated on December 23, 2011


Author

qaralynn
qaralynn

About
haay everyone, I'm a dutch teenage girl (so please don't mind my bad english) I mostly write to clear my head, because somehow i just can't stop thinking.. XD I like meeting new people.. Feel fr.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by qaralynn


Why Why

A Poem by qaralynn