10,000 BC..

10,000 BC..

A Story by em-em zaldivar

            I knew than 10,000 BC was a hit movie. People who have seen it can’t stop talking about it. While those who haven’t, with all eagerness, can’t wait to see it. I am not one of those fanatics. But since it had a pretty good review from the critics, I also had the knack for it. So my friends and I (Kat, Marc, Mon, Cassie and Felipe) watched it yesterday at Trinoma.

            At first, it was the typical out-of-the-contemporary set-up. Like duh? Why would the movie be named that way? :) Kat, Marc and I were quite busy talking about other stuff that I wasn’t really into it. And we found all means to laugh at the movie – their clothes, their hair, and some other stuff. Finally, the talking ceased and so we were focused on really watching it.

            I wouldn’t go around spilling everything. So don’t sweat it. :) It’s just that as much as the story is about this courageous young man who united different tribes in order to defeat a tyrannical one, it was also about a promise of this same young man to save her one true love. Okay, mushy. (This part of the movie made me cry.) But nowadays, people don’t really keep their promises. And that’s just what I would want to emphasize.

            I guess what I learned from the movie is that even with the smallest of possibilities, somewhere in this world, there is that one person over all the six billion others who could make us believe in hope and in love. It might be a one shot chance that you’d find that person but who knows? No matter how absurd this idea seems to be, I’d like to take a chance. It might not happen instantaneously but one day, it could. :)

 

© 2008 em-em zaldivar


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
Added on April 22, 2008