Where I'm From

Where I'm From

A Poem by queensonvia

I am from cedar fences, the coolness of grass against my bare feet, from getting stuck in apple trees and enjoying nature's candy, the honeysuckle.

I am from dripping ice cream and running through sprinklers, from races with my brother in the blazing sun and catching fireflies by moonlight.

I am from the company of man's best friend and tossing morsels of dinner under the table so I wasn't the only one loving mom's "Superman Soup", from holding a string out of reach of the cat and curling up with the warmth of the dogs.

I am from tight dancing shoes and sequined costumes, from creating towns of Lego's, and conducting toy trains on massive train tracks.

I am from getaways to cozy cabins in the woods and discovering wildlife, from riding horseback through creeks and letting marshmallows go black while crickets strike up their music.

I am from crazy and loud talk and the great-humored across the states, from jokes only we could decode and savored moments from meetings that only occur annually, sometimes not even that much.

I am from looking back fondly upon thousands of photographs of my time and times long before my birth, but I am also from living memories and memories to come.

© 2012 queensonvia


Author's Note

queensonvia
This was an assignment I had in 12th grade.

We were copying the style of a poet named George Ella Lyon and it was pretty fun :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
Added on May 21, 2012
Last Updated on May 23, 2012

Author

queensonvia
queensonvia

Alpharetta, GA



About
Howdy ya'll :) I'm Sonova and I am quite an interesting person to say the least. I honestly don't write that much because I'm mainly an artist. I pretty much only write when I really feel it. more..

Writing
Mirror Mirror

A Poem by queensonvia





Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5