The Slaughterhouse

The Slaughterhouse

A Story by Quinn W
"

WARNING!!!! CRUEL AND VIOLENT!! I made this open to everyone because I believe everyone should know about this.

"
They push me with scalding hot pokers into the truck. I've been fed all my life with food that makes me oversized. I can barely walk. I try to catch up to the others but they're too fast. I turn my head to look at the other trucks. I stop and stare for a few seconds at the men and women hitting my friends and family with poles. I stare at the bodies on the dirt ground. The ones that couldn't support their own weight, the ones that had been beaten too many times, fed to many times, and some not fed enough. I stop for too long. The burn of the poker is so intense I almost fall to the ground. I feel it burn my skin as I rush to keep up.
I smell the scent of burnt hair and urine and feces. I know the hair on my side will never grow back. It doesn't matter though. I know what they're going to do to me in the end. They think I'm stupid, that I don't understand why is happening but I do.
I walk onto the crowded truck. There must be fifty of us on here. They close the gate and the truck starts to move. The lurch would send us toppling over but there are so many of us here that we couldn't if we tried. Some of us are thrashing around but accomplishing nothing. We will all die. They don't care. They don't care that we have families, that we feel pain. We can't fight back. 
Days pass. No one has given us food or water. We are stuck on this insanitary truck. There is urine and feces everywhere. Not to mention the ones who weren't strong enough. The ones who died. At least they don't have to suffer anymore.
When the truck pulls over on the side of the road, we start to thrash and shift. Men come out with long rods with blue and white lines coming off of them.  I'm mesmerized by the colors and watch them twirl between their fingers. One man extends is towards me slowly. Then quickly he jabs me in the side with it. The jolt of electricity send me to the ground. The scent of burning flesh in the air. He laughs with the other men. He jabs me again. And again. I can't get up. The others rush off the truck into a pen. I look beside me at the bodies lying a few feet away, bloodied and burnt. I slowly begin to move my legs in an effort to stand. I do. I quickly head toward the pen, where the food is. There is only so much room but I manage to squeeze my large head in-between the others'. I eat the slop from the trough and it's the best yet worst food I've ever had. But I'm just grateful to be fed.
The men open more doors and we file in, afraid of what might happen if we don't. When we get inside, it's almost too dark to see. I see men standing on a platform holding guns. They shoot blindly into the crowd of us. I feel something sharp hit my neck and fall again. This time, I can't get up. I can't feel my legs. Many others are on the ground as well. They make loud noises of distress. The men laugh and point to the corner. He's on the ground, spasming uncontrollably while they slit his throat. They throw his head onto the ground and step away. Onto the next cow. They keep on going down the line, unfazed. They don't care that they're murdering us.
He steps towards me and kicks me in the stomach. They don't stop. After they kick me, they take the knife and put it to my throat. With one swift motion, they cut it. I try to kick but I can't. I'm paralyzed with pain. A man comes over on some sort of machine and lifts me. The pain fades away and I close my eyes.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They squawk so loudly I can't hear the men yelling. They come in and reach into the shelves. They're so small we barely fit. I see gloved hands reach into my shelf and I peck at them, hoping they'll stop. They grab my and squeeze me so tight I can barely breathe.  The man walks over to the side of the room and tosses me into a clear bag. It's full of other baby chicks like me. We're males and we aren't important. A man picks up our bag and throws it to the other side of the room. I hear the crunch of necks and legs breaking. I feel the pain of my trimmed beak hitting the wooden wall. Another man looks at us and picks us up. He takes us outside. The beautiful sun shines above us. It's been so long since we've been outside. They kept us in those shelves for days.
He unties the bag but still hold the top firmly so we can't escape. We enter another room. This one is made of concrete. I hear the sounds of metal hitting metal. I see machines and other male chicks in bags. He carries us over to one of the machines and empties us out into a funnel. The chicks before me are squawking even more now. But this time it is in pain. They are being crushed and cut up by blades. We are irrelevant to them. They don't need us.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



This is what happens to animals in slaughterhouses. Why would people want to contribute to such violence? "They're just animals." So are we. Are we not mammals just like cows? How would you feel if you were raped to be impregnated and then when you had your child it was taken away from at birth? How would you feel to be fed growth hormones that make you so heavy you can't stand? How would you like to be brutally murdered? Please stop contributing to this murder and violence. Please save these innocent animals' lives.

For more information on how animals are treated and how a vegetarian or vegan lifestyle could help both you and animals please look at these:

https://youtu.be/gZG6oclJJnY

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2IJOZjthlcUlBVWZp4Dx-eS7ek1IUHfx

https://youtu.be/W4HJcq8qHAY

MOVIES/DOCUMENTARIES
Forks Over Knives

Earthlings

Cowspiracy 

© 2016 Quinn W


Author's Note

Quinn W
I know this isn't something I usually write about, but it has been on my mind since I figured this out in the eight grade. I immediately stopped eating meat and a year later I stopped eating all animal products. I did not write this to offend anyone, I just wanted to inform people on what happens in slaughterhouses.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

oh my god! Girl I LOVE this! I'm the exact same way. Thankyou for not hiding this! I was crying as I read this. I'm so happy you are vegan as well.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Quinn W

7 Years Ago

Thank you!!!
They don't need us & we don't need to eat them.

Posted 7 Years Ago


PhoenixDown

7 Years Ago

At the end of the day, you do not judge what is explicit or not for others. I only say that with cau.. read more
PhoenixDown

7 Years Ago

Also good idea!
Quinn W

7 Years Ago

Thank you!!!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

185 Views
2 Reviews
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on August 4, 2016
Last Updated on August 4, 2016
Tags: cruelty, murder, abuse

Author

Quinn W
Quinn W

SC



About
I have always enjoyed reading. It has taught me many things others just can't explain to you. It has also fueled my love of writing. I love writing short stories, they're my creative outlet, Mom would.. more..

Writing
Worthy Worthy

A Poem by Quinn W