Perspective

Perspective

A Story by Quinn W

"Perspective"

There are many definitions of “perspective” but they all mean the same thing, or at least from my perspective. My definition is pretty similar to the “beauty is in the eye of the beholder” saying. Everyone looks at things differently and has different feelings about them. Someone might look at a cow and immediately think “Dinner!” and get out their fork and knife, while someone else might think “What a beautiful creation!” and start petting its head.

            There’s a quote by Marcus Aurelis that says “Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is perspective, not the truth.” Although I slightly disagree with the first part, I agree completely with the second. I believe that we may hear facts but they can cease to be facts once we begin deciphering them ourselves. I don’t believe this in the manner when you used to play the game Telephone. The first person could say “baboon” and when at the end, the last person could say “potato chip.” I believe it should be taken as if you were hearing poetry. Someone might write it vaguely and when they read it, people will all have different explanations of what it means. You may hear facts, but they end up being your own interpretation.

Of course this is my definition of the word so there can be many differing opinions on it.  I mean, that’s exactly what I just explained in my previous paragraph. There’s a beauty to finding your own understanding and don’t be afraid to embrace it.

© 2016 Quinn W


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
Added on August 23, 2016
Last Updated on August 23, 2016
Tags: perspective

Author

Quinn W
Quinn W

SC



About
I have always enjoyed reading. It has taught me many things others just can't explain to you. It has also fueled my love of writing. I love writing short stories, they're my creative outlet, Mom would.. more..

Writing
Worthy Worthy

A Poem by Quinn W