My Sexuality

My Sexuality

A Story by Quinn W
"

Ooooh.

"
Let me tell you something: sexuality is confusing. Everyone makes a big deal about labelling yourself as straight or gay or queer or anything else. I used to think that was so important. I would think all the time about if I was gay or straight or if I didn't like anything at all. What am I? Who am I? Do I like girls? Guys? Both? Neither? 
I used to think I was straight, then gay, then asexual, then I had no idea. The truth is IT DOESN'T MATTER. Who cares? Why label yourself? I don't think it's important at all. I'm not labelling myself whatsoever. If I get older and want to be with a guy, I'll be with a guy. If I want to be with a woman, I'll be with a woman. If I don't want to be with either, I won't be. I also believe that sexuality is just too confusing and complicated for me. You like who you like, you date who you want to date, you have sex with whoever you want to have sex with. Gender doesn't matter as long as there's consent on both sides. Obviously you want to be safe too. 
Some people think my opinion doesn't count because I'm a virgin but I think my opinion is very important. You should hear opinions from all walks of life: young, old, gay, straight, bisexual, asexual, virgin, not a virgin, prostitutes, everyone. Opinions are so valuable.
I also think a person's sexuality can change over time. Someone might believe they're straight until they experiment a little and that's fine. Someone might wake up one morning and be like "I'm asexual." Then, two years later, wake up and say "I'm heterosexual." 
Basically what I'm trying to say is don't waste your time on trying to label yourself and just follow your heart and mind. If you fall in love with someone, you fall in love with someone. (By the way, sexuality and romantic partners are not the same thing.) If you find someone attractive, you find someone attractive. Like I said, as long as there's consent on both sides, go for it. No one can tell you what to do. Just don't do anything illegal, okay?

© 2017 Quinn W


Author's Note

Quinn W
Boom.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I agree with your opinion. I think that many people try too hard to define what type of people they're sexually or romantically attracted to, sometimes to the point where they experience no sexual or romantic attraction at all. It's better to let the feelings manifest themselves. That being said, I'm not saying that labeling yourself is bad ... after all, everyone has some preference (or lack thereof), but I don't believe it's good to let that label influence your romantic desires.

Just a suggestion (I'm not pressuring you to do this): I think it would be interesting if you added your opinion on the "you choose to be gay" statement. As for my take on it: I don't believe people choose their true sexuality. I never remember choosing to be straight.

- William Liston

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
1 Review
Added on January 6, 2017
Last Updated on January 6, 2017
Tags: sexuality, asexuality, bisexuality, LGTBQ+

Author

Quinn W
Quinn W

SC



About
I have always enjoyed reading. It has taught me many things others just can't explain to you. It has also fueled my love of writing. I love writing short stories, they're my creative outlet, Mom would.. more..

Writing
Worthy Worthy

A Poem by Quinn W