I Don't Know You That Well

I Don't Know You That Well

A Story by Quinn W
"

Based on Gabbie Hanna's poem 'Stranger'.

"
She sits down across from him on the subway and fiddles with her hair. Her fingers weave it back and forth, braiding and unbraiding. He can't stop looking at her, mesmerized by her dancing fingers. The bus stops and they both stand. He smiles at the fact he might be able to strike up a conversation with her. As she approaches the front of the bus, she smooths down her hair and steps onto the sidewalk. 
"There's something going on here."
"Excuse me?" she asks.
"Between you and me. Can't you feel it?"
She squints her eyes and furrows her brows, continuing to walk. He walks beside her quietly and her heart begins to race. She's heard the stories of guys following girls home and decides to walk past her apartment building just in case. He stops a few blocks further.
"This is me. See you again sometime?"
She nods and is filled with relief. She laughs a little on her way back home, questioning why she always thinks the worst of people. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------The Next Day--------------------------------------------------------------------------
She can feel the cold, wet metal through her jeans as she sits on the bench at the bus stop. She shivers against the harsh weather. 
"I knew it was fate."
She laughs when she sees him. He sits next to her and leans forward.
"Can I kiss you?" he asks.
"I don't know you that well," she responds. His lip turns upward and his forehead crinkles.
"Very well then. What's your favorite color?"
"Red."
"Aren't you going to ask me mine?" She quietly laughs and looks down at the ground. "Fine, I'll ask you another question. Would you like to go out sometime? Maybe then we can tell each other our life stories." She nods and smiles, eyes still cast upon the ground. 
------------------------------------------------------------------Two Months Later---------------------------------------------------------------------
He studied her like a book, asked her millions of questions.
------------------------------------------------------------------Four Months Later---------------------------------------------------------------------
He stopped asking questions and forgot the previous answers.
------------------------------------------------------------------Six Months Later------------------------------------------------------------------------ They sit beside each other on the bench at the bus stop. As the bus pulls up, she reaches out a hand to grad her bags. He reaches for it but she pushes his hand away. She walks toward the bus and the doors open.
He places a hand on her shoulder and looks into her eyes.
"Can I kiss you, goodbye?"
"I don't know you that well," she says as she board the bus.

© 2017 Quinn W


Author's Note

Quinn W
Based on Gabbie Hanna's poem 'Stranger'.

PS I know this is a little different than what I normally post with my stories.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

i liked what i read here..it told me how there is always this lack of trust in others
for the world is not really a paradise and people are never like angels quite the opposite..
but suppose it was a different world where we would trust everyone to be close friend on first encounter how easy all things will be..how it would look like living in heavens..everything so different..

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 25, 2017
Last Updated on December 25, 2017

Author

Quinn W
Quinn W

SC



About
I have always enjoyed reading. It has taught me many things others just can't explain to you. It has also fueled my love of writing. I love writing short stories, they're my creative outlet, Mom would.. more..

Writing
Worthy Worthy

A Poem by Quinn W