He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not

He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not

A Story by Quinn W
"

A really short story...

"
I glance at the clock as I fumble with my earrings. 5:30. Jake will be here in fifteen minutes. I rush to my closet and take inventory of all my shoes. Pumps, stilettos, peep toes, kitten heels. I settle for my peep toe black velvet heels and try to squeeze my fat feet into them. 
"Ugh!" I through them down and grab my black strappy stilettos. My feet glide into them and I smile. As I walk past the mirror, I realize I only have one earring in. I pick up plastic bags, jeans, and the necklaces I tried on earlier, throwing them over my shoulder until I find the other. I force the metal hook through my ear and walk to the kitchen. 
My mind races with anticipation and anxious thoughts. It's been so long since I've been on a date and never with someone this handsome and sweet. He actually likes my body and my personality. He calls me curvaceous. I giggle a little and pick up my purse. 
As my fingers wrap around the handle of my bag, the doorbell rings. I run over to the door and reach for the knob. I snatch my hand back and smooth down my dress and hair. I return my hand to the knob and open the door. Jake stands on my front steps in a navy blue tux, smiling at me. His right hand comes out from behind his back to reveal a bouquet of flowers. I walk toward him and reach for the flowers but before I can, he envelops me in a hug. 
"I always knew you would die in my arms," I hear before the sharp blade pierces through my abdomen.

© 2018 Quinn W


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

82 Views
Added on January 25, 2018
Last Updated on January 25, 2018

Author

Quinn W
Quinn W

SC



About
I have always enjoyed reading. It has taught me many things others just can't explain to you. It has also fueled my love of writing. I love writing short stories, they're my creative outlet, Mom would.. more..

Writing
Worthy Worthy

A Poem by Quinn W