Sneak Peak

Sneak Peak

A Chapter by siivetonenkeli
"

A peak at Chapter One.

"



What begins as a farewell trip for a group of eight lifelong suburban friends becomes far more permanent than they had planned. When a four wheeler accident in an ancient forest awakens a centuries old curse,new friends are made and old friends die .Wrapped in a world unlike anything she ever imagined, Rein is forced to confront the demons of her family's past. As she finds love in the arms of her best friend's twin brother, Conley, they fight an array of magical beasts whose sole intention is to kill anything human and reclaim the earth for their own.
   

                                       

                                      Chap One (excerpt)

                                  The Great Getaway



              Anything is possible. The thought played in the back of Rein's mind as anticipation welled in her chest. Around her, seven of her lifelong friends stuffed every crevice of two over sized trucks with adventure gear. Her smooth suburban circle drive buzzed with the chaos of final preparations.



                   Anxiety closely shadowed the excitement that brimmed inside her as she glimpsed Conley's  stout frame lifting a bulky duffel bag into place. Muscles rolled beneath his tight cotton t- shirt.  At the twitch of his pectorals, her heart fluttered. Self consciously, she diverted her gaze while internally she scolded  herself.



  If she had known what they were driving towards she might have stayed  longer, talked more, or confessed her deeply hidden love. They would soon discover their summer of dreams would be a Season of nightmares. Rein's  curse lay dormant in her blood , passing from generation to generation until the unforeseen perfect  moment, a time that was soon to come.

                              



With a drop of blood the Green Man wakes....

    



© 2010 siivetonenkeli


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

186 Views
Added on December 31, 2010
Last Updated on December 31, 2010


Author

siivetonenkeli
siivetonenkeli

IL



About
How does one classify an emotion when circumstance changes its meaning?I am a lover of life,a great thinker , and a slave to both my inner child and masochistic work ethic.Believe in everything,trust .. more..

Writing