The Other Side

The Other Side

A Story by Rachelle
"

a love story

"
I sat down at my desk and grabbed a pink gel pen. I drew half a heart and beside it, in perfect, pink handwriting, I wrote:

This is half a heart, can you draw the other side?
Guess who is asking.
So, do you love me?

It was all part of my scheme to get Daniel to notice me. I folded the paper in quarters and slipped it into an envelope that said DANIEL on the front. I was hoping his brother Marcelino or sister Clara wouldn't find it and read it before he had a chance to. Minutes later I was fixed up and ready to roll. I looked good. My hair didn't look funny, I was wearing my favorite blue jeans and a pretty, green sweater. I had a happy, little smile on my face. I walked to Daniel's house and thought about what he would do if he found out who his secret crush was. I arrived at his house and nobody was home. I laughed out loud at my luck and dropped the envelope in the mailbox. I flipped up the red flag and I prayed he would check the mailbox. I felt like singing. I had delivered a love note to the boy I loved without a hitch. It seemed I spoke a moment too soon because all of a sudden I heard his voice and the sound of his basketball bouncing up the driveway. I hid behind a bush nearby. He was with Petey, his best friend. I guess he noticed the flag because he checked the mailbox and found the note. It looked like Daniel and Petey couldn't begin to guess who it was from. I'll let him wonder for awhile, I thought as a slipped away unnoticed. The next day I was at the court playing basketball like I always do and he arrived. I kid you not, Daniel looked like a little slice of heaven and he was walking towards me. I smiled and said hi. He got straight to the point. "Hi, I got your note. I liked it, but I knew it was you." he said with a smile. I was flabbergasted. "How? How could you possibly have known?" I replied. "Um...let's just say, you're not very good at concealing your emotions. Your eyes tell your heart and I've guessed for awhile that you liked me. Here take this." He handed me an envelope that said RACHELLE in thick black marker. Inside was my note with the other side of the heart drawn. He had answered the questions too.

This is half a heart, can you draw the other side?
I drew the other side for you.
Guess who is asking.
Rachelle.
So, do you love me?
Yes, I do love you.

I was speechless. He likes me?! He loves me?! I gave him a hug and we went to play basketball.

© 2010 Rachelle


Author's Note

Rachelle
I wrote this after I heard "The Other Side of the Door" by Taylor Swift and I saw this week's 500 words title.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is awesome. I love a love story that works out!! I love that they go to play basketball.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Nicely written sweet tale. :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


awwww. this is sweet! nothing better then teenage crushes. i love it.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Sweet story, very refreshing. I was drawn in, hoping he wouldn't reject her. Good job.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

320 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 15, 2010
Last Updated on March 15, 2010

Author

Rachelle
Rachelle

Panajachel, Solola, Guatemala



About
I'm a Canadian teenager. I live in Guatemala. I love horses and hummingbirds. I love playing basketball everyday. Smile, Rachelle loves you. I have the habit of falling in and out of love at an alarm.. more..

Writing
Angelita Angelita

A Poem by Rachelle