A Letter

A Letter

A Story by Rachnama
"

A foreigner's take on New York

"

What do I tell you?

This is an interesting city. It reminds me of Mumbai in so many ways… the metro, the people, the weather. It even reminds me of all the good times we’ve had in Mumbai.

 

If u do come here someday, I’ll take you to some places I liked… the queer cobbled street in the midst of gigantic scrapers which comes to life every evening, suddenly bustling like a bazaar, where we could spend hours on end mesmerised by the mirth in the air; or the little diner by the calm river, where life comes to a standstill and the view changes only in colour as the sun sets; or even  that lovely park down the road with its meandering paths suddenly opening up to a fountain of ‘joy’ as we pass by soaking in the whole  gamut of emotions wearing our rose tinted glasses..

 

These places make you want to run away from your own life... they are so distant and beautiful…

Do you know how it feels to be alone in a crowd and yet perfectly at ease?

I feel that here. Far away from everything and everyone I know, with no baggage, and perfectly at ease.

 

The world’s a huge place, and I want to be lost in it… there is that undying yearning to be no one, just a blank face in the crowd, doing only what I feel like with no expectations attached.

Right now I feel like a pressure cooker, waiting to burst... when u said u feel like taking a break, it was like u read my mind

It’s amazing how feelings contrast. Sometimes u want to do so much in life and be a face people recognise and appreciate and sometimes u want to be no-one.

It’s so much easier to be no-one and one could be more happier… no expectations, no great things to do, just be yourself and do what u want… why do we run so much then? For whom and for what?

Why do we look down upon mediocrity?

 

I don’t want to do anything, I have no plan. I want to be a ‘nobody’.

I have neither the inclination nor the motivation to do anything.

Do you feel that sometimes too?

 

Love,

My questioning heart

© 2012 Rachnama


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

72 Views
Added on August 26, 2012
Last Updated on August 26, 2012

Author

Rachnama
Rachnama

Delhi, India



About
As a profession I read stories that numbers tell and as a passion I write stories that my heart tells. more..

Writing