The Spring of Change

The Spring of Change

A Chapter by Rachnama

And once again it was back to the rigmarole of packing and unpacking, of moving and settling, of hustling and arriving…Life goes on…

Change never failed to excite her. No, she wasn’t the anxious sorts pacing up and down being the nervous wreck that one might associate her with. She looked for change, sometimes so impatiently that it could be compared to the damsel in distress waiting for her knight in shining armour, only that she didn’t care about the knight at all. She only wanted to be freed for it meant new beginnings. For her, change meant a fresh start - time to wrap up the past, whether good or bad, and trade it for an uncertain future. You would think it was quixotic �" who would want to willingly move their cheese? But that was her �" a romantic at heart. She wanted to be swept by emotions. The anticipation, joy, anger, sadness, irritation, desperation and relief made her feel alive. When the stillness of life characterised by the mundane, mute and mechanical lifestyle got to her, she looked for change.

 “Ha! Caught you!” You exclaim. “Commitment-phobia” You rattle out, head tossing backward with half-closed eyes and a raised brow to match the seemingly erudite statement. But this was far from it. She loved the drama in life, whoever said she hated the stage?

This morning she awoke with a smile on her face. A smile that brightened her face after what seemed eons of the humdrum that barely make you feel alive. She fancied herself as the snake that shed his skin for a brighter colourful coat, fresh after hibernation. Suddenly the morning sun was warmer and welcoming, the sparrows delightful chirp was heard �" she was earlier convinced that they were extinct in her busy city �", and the stillness in the air gave way to a soft pattering drizzle as if to signify that the past was washed away. She stood in the balcony of her new home, humming an old tune and feeling alive, yet again…



© 2012 Rachnama


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

81 Views
Added on August 26, 2012
Last Updated on August 26, 2012


Author

Rachnama
Rachnama

Delhi, India



About
As a profession I read stories that numbers tell and as a passion I write stories that my heart tells. more..

Writing
The Window The Window

A Story by Rachnama