Duplicate Finder for M a c

Duplicate Finder for M a c

A Story by Updates

One of the biggest reasons why macs end up moving slower than normal is a lack of space on the hard drive caused by duplicated content. There are a number of solutions that can combat this. You can either remove items to free up some of your mac space or simply get more space. This issue of space in itself is cause by cache or temporary files that are stored on the hard drive. These files might have been in hiding, but even though they are out of sight, they might have been still causing problems because they are taking up unnecessary space and hampering the performance of your mac. Content that has been duplicated will also cause problems with memory. Duplicate content presents twice as much trouble and is a big contributor to mac running slower than normal.

Duplicate finders for mac help to find and quickly get rid of files that have been duplicated on your macbook sometimes duplicated by the programs installed, other times accidentally. Duplicate files obviously cause a lot of space to be taken up on your system. Files that take up space can only lead to a slow operating system. Here are a few duplicate finders for macbooks;

Mac’s Built"In Duplicate Finder

Macs can have a number of duplicate files including duplicate music. There are is nothing more frustrating than having duplicate music files in your library. Music files can be removed by using the built in duplicate finder. Using this option does not affect the hard drive. You can start by highlighting all the tracks that are located in your music library (ie those that are not on the hard drive). Drag those files into a new folder located on your drive. A new copy of your library is automatically made. You can then proceed to delete the files on iTunes and in your library. You can then move the folder contents that you had placed on your hard drive back to your library folder.

EaseUS CleanGenius

For files that have been stored on the hard drive, Ease US CleanGenius is an easy to use hard disk cleaner that clears up the memory on your mac. This is a great option if you want a cleaner system that does regular maintenance checks on your mac. It literally removes the duplicated files that are taking up unnecessary space on your Mac’s hard drive. Easy US Clean Genius picks up all those files that ha duplicate content and get rid of them. Or you can drag and drop the files so that it can run a scan for finding duplicate content. Click here for mac cleaner that helps restore your mac to its optimum performance.

Easy Duplicate Finder

Easy Duplicate Finder is another great option for removing unwanted duplicate files from your mac. It works by giving users three very simple steps to follow. The searches are done in different modes that prove to be more thorough than the duplicate finder software already installed. It searches by comparing duplicated content, looking at duplicate music tags to remove any music file that appears more than once in the library and by browsing outlook and mac mails for finding duplicated mail.  You will also have an option to undo anything that was accidentally erased with the file recovery option.

Regularly checking to see if files are duplicated on your mac is always encouraged. Some programs automatically duplicate files. When this happens, it means the space being taken up by the file is doubled. Make your task super easy by using any Duplicate Finder software that will scan and remove not only duplicated but any other unnecessary files.

© 2014 Updates


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
Added on September 10, 2014
Last Updated on September 10, 2014