The advent of Moses

The advent of Moses

A Chapter by J. Marc
"

In �the advent of Moses�, the Egyptians prepare a progressive emancipation of the Hebrews by initiating a Hebrew child to the Egyptian mysteries, for him to lead and serve as an interface between the two societies.

"

The advent of Moses

---------------------

 

Excerpt: people realized soon that it would not be careful, indeed, dangerous, to spread this idea publicly and generally.

 

 

The grounding of the Jewish state through Moses is one of the most memorable events which History has secured, important by the level of comprehension which it demands, even more important by its consequences on the world which endure still today.

 

Two religions which dominate the major part of the populated earth, Christianity and Islam, rely both on the religion of the Hebrews, and without this one, there would never have been neither a Christianity nor a Koran. Indeed, to a certain extent, it is indisputably true that we thank the Mosaic religion for a great part of the enlightenment which we enjoy still today. For through it, a valuable truth - the teaching from the unique God - which a reason abandoned to itself would have found only after a long development, would have spread temporarily among people and would be maintained for so long among the same people as a subject of blind belief, until it could, finally, mature in clearer minds into a reasonable concept.

 

Through the Mosaic religion, all the sad vicissitudes which, ultimately, must lead into the belief in polytheism, would be spared to a great part of mankind and the Hebraic fundamental law has the exclusive advantage of not opposing directly the religion of the wise men to the popular religion, as it, hence, was the case with the enlightened pagans. Considered from this standpoint, the nation of the Hebrews must seem to us as an important, universal historic nation and anything spiteful that a person might be saying about this nation as well as all the efforts of some clever minds to lessen its importance, will not prevent us to be rightfully against such disparaging person.

 

..................

 

In order to determine what kind of education Moses has received in this school and what share the education which he received from the Egyptian priests, has had on his future legislation, we must take a closer look at this institution and in addition to what would have been taught and accomplished in there, hear the account from ancient writers. Already the apostle Stephen suggests in his writings that he was taught the wisdom of the Egyptians. The historian Philo says that Moses was dedicated by the Egyptian priests to the philosophy of symbols and hieroglyphs as well as to the secrets of the sacred animals.

 

This account confirm precisely many other writers, and if people would, first, look at what people call Egyptian mysteries, hence, a remarkable similarity will arise between these mysteries and what Moses has done and ordered. The worshipping of a God of the oldest populations turned, as is known, very soon into polytheism and superstition, and even with the later generations which the Scriptures calls the worshippers of the true God, the ideas of the highest existence were neither pure nor noble and was grounded on nothing else than a clear, reasonable insight.

 

But ever since, through the better guidance of worldly society and through the grounding of an orderly state, the statuses were separated and the charge for divine matters has become the specificity of a particular ranking; ever since the human spirit, through the liberation from all kinds of worries, used spare time to be devoted entirely to the observation of his self and Nature; ever since, finally, also clearer opinions about the physical economy of Nature were achieved, reason must have, finally, corrected these terrible errors, and the presentation from the highest existence must have improved itself significantly.

 

The idea of the existence of an overall cohesion among every thing must be leading inevitably to the concept of a unique, highest intelligence, and this idea, where else should it have been arisen than in the mind of a priest? As Egypt was the first cultured state which knew History and from which the oldest mysteries were originally inscribed, hence, it was also, according to all appearances, in Egypt, where the first idea of the unity of the highest creature would be presented, first, to the human mind.

 

The happy discoverer of this soul-elevating idea sought, now, among the persons around him, for capable subjects to whom he handed it over as a sacred treasure, and hence, it was inherited from one thinker to others; who knows among how many of them? Down to many generations, until they finally became the possession of a really small society which was capable to understand and to teach them. As, however, already a certain degree of knowledge and a certain education of the intelligence will be demanded to comprehend and to use the idea of a unique God, as the belief in the divine unity must be bringing with itself, necessarily, a despise for polytheism which was the predominating religion, hence, people conceived soon that it would not be careful, indeed, dangerous, to spread this idea publicly and generally.

 

This excerpt is 970 word long. The text is 8 413 words. If you if wish to read more excerpts please send a request to [email protected].



© 2008 J. Marc


Author's Note

J. Marc
copy and paste the passage that is not clear to you

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
Added on April 1, 2008
Last Updated on April 7, 2008


Author

J. Marc
J. Marc

Antananarivo, Madagascar



About
body {background-color:FFCC66;background-image:url(http://);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:top left;background-attachment:fixed;} table, tr, td {background:transparent; border:0p.. more..

Writing



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5