Chapter 2- Roommate

Chapter 2- Roommate

A Chapter by Break The Broken

Chapter 2- Roommate

I woke up in a daze, my eyes crusted over due to an abundance of sleep, my stomach bellowed loudly. I looked around in misperception, then abruptly jolted up when I was comprehended what had happened. I looked around at my new holding cell, it was a steal, with a few doors around and cameras posted in every single corner. I looked over to my right where one door was, got up hesitatingly, cautiously I was afraid of what may lie behind it but my curiosity over powered that fear by a great deal.

I twisted the steel door knob and peered inside, and there on the floor was a boy, I sprinted over to him a shock him, “are you okay?” I yelled repeatedly until finally with a groan the boy said, “Where am I?”

“I don’t know all I know is that I woke up in a glass box…” I continue to tell him about the four days id been here, and the old man, and the glass breaking. Then I suddenly remember the other rooms.

“Are you able to stand?” I asked him caringly, I stared into his hazel eyes that were only barely visible because of his bark brown almost black hair that draped over his face like curtains. He looked about 15, the same age as me. And he was dressed in the same white, 2 sizes too big uniform that I was with no shoes. He nodded and slowly rose, I fallowed, the boy stood 3 or 4 inches in front of me, I took a step back not noticing how close we were.

“Who are you,” I asked almost sounding afraid.

“My name is Blake, I don’t know my last name though, or anything else for that matter, and you are?” he demanded.

“I don’t know.”

“oh.” He replied less forcefully than before, there was a long awkward silence before I once again remembered the 2 other doors in the room.

“There are two other door thy may have other people in them, we should check it out.” I tried to sound confident; I tried to place myself as the Alfa in what may turn into a partnership for freedom. Blake and I made our way through the door and I pointed the door next to us and opened it eagerly, I hope there are more people! Once the door was opened it reveal a small bathroom, all white with a toilet, sink and two stacks of toiletries and clothes each stack included 5 uniforms, one toothbrush, one tube of tooth paste, one brush, and a name tag. One labeled Blake 1 and the other labeled Brooklyn 2 Brooklyn. Hmmmm… Brook sounds better; I guess my name is Brooke, not bad.

“Hi Brooklyn,” Blake said with a smile on his face, “you look like a Brooke.” His smile faded once he saw the grimace I was currently making at him.

“Were obviously going to be stuck here, together, for a long time, we might as well make the best of it.” He gave an even bigger smile.

“Look here happy-go-lucky, you keep your distance from me or else it’ll just be me a dead kid on the floor named Blake, I would plan on even attempting to be friends I’ll get us outta here soon enough, now go check out the other room while I see if there are any scissors in these draws my hair is driving me crazy.” I made it perfectly clear I was not to be messed with. And my hair is seriously driving me crazy it’s too long. Yes! I took the scissors and opened them with a smile. I closed then sharply on random strains of my silk black hair it was about shoulder length and really uneven, but really ugly, but who cares.

Blake walked into the room moments later, gasping as he saw my hair; he snatched the scissors from my clenches and commanded me to hold still, I did as I was told although I really wanted to put him in his place. About 10 minutes later Blake announced “finished!” I opened my eyes and saw my awesome looking layered hair that was a little bit shorter than shoulder length. I was so happy with my hair, but I couldn’t let him know.

“Not bad,” I sneered and took my scissors back; you never know when these will come in handy. I admired my hair in the mirror for a few moments and got familiar with my own face, I know that sounds weird but I never saw what I looked like before, besides in the reflection of the glass that once contained me. I had bright blue eyes, and plump pink lips, and little mole right below my ear, I look kind of awkward, I better straighten up and look more confident and in charge!

“So what was in the other room,” I questioned, but tried not to sound too interested.

“A shower, with soap, and hair shampoo and conditioners, the works ya know.” Then there was an awkward moment of silent stares, I could tell that this was going to be awkward for a long time.

“Oh, there was also a game of chess, I’ll bring it out if you want to play?” chess? At a time like this, um I don’t think so.

“Instead of games let’s try to focus on the real task at hand, getting out of this hell whole.” I looked around and tested the steal wall’s strength maybe I would be able to break it again. I'm still unsure on how I broke it, but I still manage to do so.

“Brooke?” I looked up, becoming accustomed to my new found name, “even if we do get out where will we go?” Blake looked utterly defeated and lonely. I hated that guilty feeling in my gut, I don’t know why I’m getting it but I am errrrr….

“Hey, cheer up we’ll figure it out, um that game of chess doesn’t sound so bad after all, I’ll go get it, wait for me in you room.” I gave him my best smile and he seemed to cheer up, just like that. Even if we don’t get out this place maybe it won’t be such a hell hole.



© 2011 Break The Broken


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Dark brown almost black hair that draped over his face like curtains...well this phrase reminds me of Snape from Harry Potter :).. However going further,the continuation with your first chapter is awesome..Brooke n Blake - the pairing is thoughtful...but the interest is escalating now..the mysteries need to be unraveled...please be quick...cant wait for more to come :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Dark brown almost black hair that draped over his face like curtains...well this phrase reminds me of Snape from Harry Potter :).. However going further,the continuation with your first chapter is awesome..Brooke n Blake - the pairing is thoughtful...but the interest is escalating now..the mysteries need to be unraveled...please be quick...cant wait for more to come :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Amazing, this chapter is soo well done, i like the way you set it up. I can't wait to read the next chapter!!!:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Good job I like it. This chapter makes me have conflicting ideas of Brooke.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Fantastic foreshadowing. Good job with establishing the connection between Blake and Brooke(:

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

223 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 26, 2011
Last Updated on November 26, 2011


Author

Break The Broken
Break The Broken

Cranston, RI



About
I've had my hard times, like everyone else. but i choce to make the best f everyday, when of course I'm not hating the world! XD my names Nadia and i love sports, i play basketball, soccer, and run t.. more..

Writing